Discuss purge calculations example? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sterry_12

hi lads i've just left the mob and im doing acs gas. starting to build my portfolio up by doing unpaid work. been writing last job up all weekend, installing new boiler, jus struggling with the purging calculations. i have the Niceic on site guide and it doesn't show any workings out. its just got U6 meter under 28mm 0.01m3. has anyone got an example of the calculations i need to put into the portfolio?

if your MV+PV+FV=less than 0.02m3 then your purge volume is 0.01m3, if over 0.02m3 than you have to light the gas at the farthest point in the installation or purge in stages making sure the area in wellventilated.

if your MV+PV+FV=less than 0.02m3 then your purge volume is 0.01m3, if over 0.02m3 than you have to light the gas at the farthest point in the installation or purge in stages making sure the area in wellventilated.

the figure of 0.02m3 is the break point where the purge procedure changes from purge to vented room with no ignition for under 0.02m3 and constantly light the gas mixture for over 0.02m3, an E6 or U6 with pipes up to 28mm is a straight purge of 0.01m3, but constanly changes if any pipework is over 28mm and it needs to be worked out by length and diameter, with a 10% addition for fittings
the calculation is meter purge volume + (pipe volumes plus 10%, then multiply by 1.5)

Last edited by a moderator:
kirk how do you know all this staff ......when last did you do it ???

well done again kirk :)

kirk, do you have assessments every week?
i like your way of explanation, i just typed through thx

kirk, do you have assessments every week?
i like your way of explanation, i just typed through thx

we do assessments evry 4 weeks or so, plus private guys so this kinda thing is getting discussed most weeks

really i though you discussed underfloor heating systems and lately the Dihydrogen Monoxide :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to purge calculations example? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock