Discuss Pts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brasso1981

Rang pts today for a price on some microbore. Only needed a 3 metre coil of 10 mm. Bloke on phone looked on computer and after about 20 seconds said £5.72 with the vat. Half an hour later I got to the shop to pick it up. Same bloke served me and asked me how much he said I could have it for on the phone. So I said 5 pound something. He then said does £5.72 sound right.

My point is they have the power to charge any customer any of the levels of discount they like.

Most merchants can charge what they want on a per customer basis.

So do you think I got a fair price ? Only ever bought bigger coils

Rang pts today for a price on some microbore. Only needed a 3 metre coil of 10 mm. Bloke on phone looked on computer and after about 20 seconds said £5.72 with the vat. Half an hour later I got to the shop to pick it up. Same bloke served me and asked me how much he said I could have it for on the phone. So I said 5 pound something. He then said does £5.72 sound right.

My point is they have the power to charge any customer any of the levels of discount they like.

Most merchants start off at list price and then apply discount relative to customer loyalty. If you you buy all your boilers from one shop, chances are they will look after you for the little bits and bobs. Don't go in there much? Prepare to be ripped!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Just recently I've double checked some prices to screwfix only reason is I didnt know baxi did a 600 heat only and when I checked I found they...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Hi. After the issue, I've had recently and a visit from an engineer (full story below) I've got the following symptoms. On my boiler Bosch...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock