Discuss PRV on electric shower?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Hi guys,
got a mate complaining of his electric shower getting cold when toilet is flushed or cold tap turned on. I haven't touched the shower yet (weekend favour) and suspect there's crap in the filter at the shower feed in side,
but he has a PRV fitted to the mains in feed for the shower up in the loft.
Is there a reason for this or is it just from an older/different system before the elec shower was put in?

I just always thought electric showers ran totally off mains pressure and didn;t need reducing. Could be wrong as I have been many times before.

Ta muchly

Some manufacturers quote a maximum pressure so he may have high incoming pressures or it may have been someone being over cautious.

Mike

Hi guys,
got a mate complaining of his electric shower getting cold when toilet is flushed or cold tap turned on. I haven't touched the shower yet (weekend favour) and suspect there's crap in the filter at the shower feed in side,
but he has a PRV fitted to the mains in feed for the shower up in the loft.
Is there a reason for this or is it just from an older/different system before the elec shower was put in?

I just always thought electric showers ran totally off mains pressure and didn;t need reducing. Could be wrong as I have been many times before.

Ta muchly
whats the craic,
determin what type of shower u have first.u can get gravity fed-like the triton t 90[fed from water storage tank at high level]this heats and pumps water as it passes through.[very popular in ireland.]there is also mainsfed showers - liked the triton t 80.this heats the water as it passes through.the adjusting dial speeds up or slows the flow across the element-heating it less or more.
i would say that there is no need for the reducing valve at all.maybe the origional shower was gravity fed hence the clever clog installing the p r v.
not good practice.
it malfunctions when other services are drawn off:confused::confused::confused:is it not over heating??? have a good suss around and get more details.
type of shower
history of shower and installation
pipe serving these services
main s pressure

if all else fails -reconnect the mains to the dhw overflow pipe,this needs to be 1 1/2 copper thus preventing reverse circulation/capillary attraction and pump over in the combi.problem sorted.listen, just send me a private question the next time u have a tricky one. it s unfair and confusing to the other lads - they don t understand the more complicated issues in plumbing.
p. s bout that shower. simply remove the fuzz gasket,take out the laughin pin, re- calibrate the giggling spring and replace the alcohol in the mercury thermostat.:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV on electric shower?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
First - an apology for monopolising the forum with all my plumbing questions! I'm hoping this will be my last and I'll move onto something else...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'll try to describe my issue as best I can but I've attached a video and linked to some images below that might do a better job of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock