Discuss PRV exits into a tundish T'd off condensate pipe! OK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have had a full CH system installed in my bungalow Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28HE + 7 rads in a day and am concerned that some corners have been cut.
The boiler sits in a cupboard in the centre of the bungalow. A ll pipework runs up to it from under the floor and to my mind is the high point in the system. I asked whether Automatic Air Vent Kit 720004701 would be fitted as recommended by Baxi and was told it was built into the boiler.
The PRV is connected directly into a plastic tundish which is immediately T'd with the condensate pipe. This then runs for some 6m under the floor utilising what looks like 22mm Hep2o pipe. Baxi says that runs over 3m should use 32mm waste pipe.
I don't know if the system was flushed. I'm fairly certain that the drain valve on the kitchen rad was not used. Is it possibble to flush the system using the condensate pipe?
The heating and hot water work as expected but the boiler "roars" to my ears (certainly compared to Viessmann and Worcester boilers I have heard) , but am told I won't hear it when I put a door on the cupboard. Also when you fire up the boiler from cold there is a loud whistle which does go away after 10/15 minutes.
Am I unnecessarily concerned? I have photos but don't think I am allowed to attach them. Any guidance would be appreciated.

If you post up your location in the I'm looking for area on this forum
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]
I'm sure one of the gsr members would be happy to come check the boiler over for you to put your mind at ease or
Correct any faults they find

It doesn't sound too bad to me, boiler have Automatic air vents in them to rid them of any air.
Baxi's (as i'm led to believe) aren't the quietest of boilers.
You say the hot water and heating are working fine so?

I'm guessing the condense runs in 21.5mm overflow pipe like it should, I've never fitted a baxi so i can't comment on the rising to 32mm after 3M... seems a bit excessive though, if it was running outside then yeah.
To fling in a whole system in a day is cutting it fine, i certainly couldn't do it with our team but some teams can.

I wanna see pictures! Croppie!! Please make the pictures appear!

Nuffink I can do monkey boy!

Oldandworried, please upload your photos to photobucket and link to them there.

No. I don't think you're being unnecessarily concerned.

Call gassafe and request a free inspection. I'd be interested in what else they pick up.

prv has to be mettalic usually copperand the condense should be clipped im not sure what baxi have to say but if they do say 3 m max then it should be upsized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV exits into a tundish T'd off condensate pipe! OK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock