Search the forum,

Discuss Proper procedure for Working Pressure Test? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

I'm doing my Gas Safe course at the moment and there seems to be some debate on the proper procedure fot working pressure tests. Some seem to think that you only have the appliance in question opporating, others think that all appliances need to be operating at the same time regardless of which appliance is being tested to give an accurate result.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

thanks in advance :)

If you are still doing your Gas Safe course, then the best person to ask is your trainer, lecturer, teacher etc. If you had finished the course but are now not sure of the proceedure, then that will be different.

A short answer is that other gas appliances should be in operation

BTW, is this open forum or Gas forum?

Last edited:
If you are still doing your Gas Safe course, then the best person to ask is your trainer, lecturer, teacher etc. If you had finished the course but are now not sure of the proceedure, then that will be different.

A short answer is that other gas appliances should be in operation

BTW, is this open forum or Gas forum?

Thanks for that, thats the way I do it. It's no good asking the trainers btw as that's where the debate is coming from :-D

just the appliance your working is fine.

the largest is best if not working on an appliance.

Last edited:
wasnt going to get involved with this one but I prefer AW's response.

wasnt going to get involved with this one but I prefer AW's response.

Lame, AW's response is correct. If not you have to operate gas hob, gas fire, then operate boiler to get working pressure. Just wasn't sure if the advise should be given

Ummm... seems like opinions are as divided on this forum as they are with my trainers!

nope, AW's is a good answer VI doesnt seem to be able to make his mind up as to what he actually means :)

Hi there,

I'm doing my Gas Safe course at the moment and there seems to be some debate on the proper procedure fot working pressure tests. Some seem to think that you only have the appliance in question opporating, others think that all appliances need to be operating at the same time regardless of which appliance is being tested to give an accurate result.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

thanks in advance :)

If my memory corrects me you can use one appliance,usually the largest but it has to pass at least 0.5 m3/hour

The problem I find with discussions about working pressure is that we mix up the conversations between checking WP of meter regulator using one appliance and checking appliance working pressure, with appliance on full, then checking whole system with all appliances running full bore to ensure they are all adequately supplied, the OP hasn't said what test they ares talking about and everyone has given their opinion on the test they think is being asked about

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I'm having is that this is open forum.

Nomad, please apply for arms access. We're happier helping you learn in there off open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proper procedure for Working Pressure Test? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock