Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with Drayton MA1 mixer valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peaky

Hi from a new member and thanks for taking the trouble to read this.
Problem is that the water has not been heating. Inspecting the MA1 actuator shows the black lever firmly in the H sector and I assume it should go to either the M or W when the cylinder thermostat is demanding. I flipped off the actuator and the little black indicator lever fell off inside. Turning the cylinder stat on or off causes the actuator to make a brief noise but no movement happens. The silver spindle will only turn a small amount with the fingers, say 20 or 30 degrees; should it turn a lot more? Is it only the actuator that is duff?

Me again! Reading other posts it seems that the valve spindle should move around 30 degrees each way, which mine clearly does NOT. It only moves towards the DHW port, and not quite back to the middle, so need a new valve. The failed actuator is a casualty of sticking valve.
Any suggestions for the best deal on MA1 in the Notts-Derby area?
Thanks

think you will struggle to get anyone before Christmas, you can just leave it in the maunal position for now to get you by until the hol season is over

Thanks Shaun, I shall get by until I drain and replace the valve, then figure out how to flush and refill the system, and the weather warms up.
Thanks

IMPORTANT TO ANYONE ELSE WONDERING IF THEIR MA1 VALVE IS FAULTY!
A new complete MA1 valve and actuator has arrived. The new valve spindle only has the same tiny bit of movement as my old one, that is about 30 degrees to the left, but not quite coming back to the centre. Total movement I estimate at about 25 degrees.
With the new actuator on my old valve body it all works perfectly.
I got my fingers burnt on this one, so hoping this will save someone else from purchasing a replacement valve body when it's not needed.
HNY to all
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems with Drayton MA1 mixer valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a fully pumped heating system fitted with a Drayton MA1 diverter, after the summer run the heating stopped coming on, so I replaced the Actuator head, however I have found the actuator is stuck on H (Heating), I have turned down both heating and cylinder stat - still stuck on H. The...
Replies
Views
I'm needing to replace a Drayton Mid Position valve Actuator, code MA1. The failed one is 3-wire (red, green, black) but all the new ones I've found advertised are 5-wire (yet the cover data plates are identical!). Question is - can I replace the 3-wire actuator with a 5-wire, and if so how...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the pipework. I'm considering doing the fix myself but wanted to check I know what I'm doing beforehand or whether I should get a plumber in, have I missed...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock