Discuss Problem Refilling Ideal Logic 15 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diegomirabal

Hello, I´ve been having problems with my heating system, I tried to reset it both in the control panel and on the boiler (Ideal Logic 15), but I keep getting the same error code (low water pressure). Right now the pressure gauge is marking 0 psi, I know I need to get the pressure to at least 1 psi, The problem is I can´t find the filling loop, On the bottom of the boiler there is a yellow valve (I think is to cut the gas supply) and on the top I can see three pipes that go into the boiler (including the one with the pressure gauge) but none of them have valves or anything that looks like a flexible pipe. I went into the attic following the pipes (first time because this is a rented house) some of the pipes go to a water tank and then 3 more to a smaller tank on top of the other. Again I couldn't find any valves. Where do you think the filler loop could be located?. As you can tell I don´t know anything about boilers.

Thanks a lot!!

it wil lprobably be in he airing cupboard ,silver braided flexible pipe with tap either one end or both if your lucky there will be another guage if no guage put a 5 second squirt in then check the one on the boiler repeat till its at 1/1.5 bar or get some one else to watch the guage to tell you when its high enough

sounds like open vent, in that case it fills itself. check water level in small tank. Could be also blockage from the tank in that case it wouldnt fill. Did you try to open bleed valves on radiators to see if there is any water left as might be full of air.

If the pipes are attached to the boiler at the bottom it's a system boiler - thus requires pressure if only the gas as condensate are at bottom and two heating pipes at top it's a heat only and can be a said used on an open vent which should self fill. If it rented - get off the forum and get on the phone...... That's what you pay rent for.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I Know this should be cover by the landlord, but I would like to try and fix it myself to learn in case I need to do it again in the future. Also when I went to the attic and check the water tanks, I got a little bit scared, if those tanks are providing the water Im drinking, I got bigger problems than the heating. I've been trying to post pictures so you can have a better look of the system and the state of it but the forum won't allow me. I´ll try to find a way.

Thanks again, you are really helping me here.

this is one bloody awful install. follow heating pipes, probably where hot water cylinder is your filling loop, mains connected to one of your heating pipes. however judging from pics this can be a nightmare. I would call landlord first as if something go wrong you will be liable.

That is one hell of a mess like galaxy says, get the landlord to sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem Refilling Ideal Logic 15 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
Got fd code on Ideal Logic Heat 15. Had two plumbers out and no joy. It’s had a new water flow sensor, flush with sentinel x800 and refurbished...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock