Discuss Primatic Cylinder Draining in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a nasty oil fired rayburn connected to an old primatic cylinder. I would like to drain the system and remove the rayburn. The radiator circuit has already been removed and blanked off from the heating circuit. Is there any reason why I should not drain the cylinder/heating circuit at the rayburn, blank off the pipes, re-fill the cylinder and then continue to use it with the immersion heater only? Will there be a problem re-filling the cylinder even though I no longer need the primatic heating system to work? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have a nasty oil fired rayburn connected to an old primatic cylinder. I would like to drain the system and remove the rayburn. The radiator circuit has already been removed and blanked off from the heating circuit. Is there any reason why I should not drain the cylinder/heating circuit at the rayburn, blank off the pipes, re-fill the cylinder and then continue to use it with the immersion heater only? Will there be a problem re-filling the cylinder even though I no longer need the primatic heating system to work? Thanks in advance for any replies.
No there shouldn't be a problem heating is filled via air locks inside so secondary side will be fine.

Reply to Primatic Cylinder Draining in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I can't get a consensus on this from four plumbers that have visited. We've been using the system with no prpblems for 7 years - but the cylinder...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a leaking drain valve off the CW inlet on a Range Cylinder. Am I right in thinking I have to empty the Cylinder below the CW inlet...
Replies
Views
newbie184
N
Has anyone worked to the txn150pterp kingspan unvented cylinders? They have an internal expansion bubble like the megaflows I believe. To...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock