Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing big jobs, new builds and renovations etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Just after a bit of advice from others in the know.

Been running my firm for about 3 years now and everything is going great. Lots of work and no problems pricing up boiler swaps and bathrooms etc.

This coming year I have picked up work for two property developers who build and renovate big houses (5/6 beds rooms) the first one I am doing on a day rate but they want me to price the next lot.

I wondered if anyone had any advice for pricing big work with a lot of unknowns. In a big firm it's easier as it doesn't matter as much if open job runs at break even. But for me with just two of us it could be the difference between a mortgage being paid or not.

One idea was to overprice to cover myself but then there is the chance of pricing myself out of the work even though I know they are not looking elsewhere for prices but if they think I am taking the **** they will.

Cheers guys

Well you are half way there with the first one on day rate. Keep track of what you are expending, time and materials and use that as your basis for future larger contracts.

Always go higher rather than lower is my experience if your unsure what lies ahead. Its never usually straightforward..
I'm sure this analogy has cost me jobs but it's also made me money and then its also saved my bum from losing out ££ on a job.

At the end of the day I do this to make money. If I'm not going to make money I don't want the work!! simples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pricing big jobs, new builds and renovations etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock