Discuss Pressure testing 63mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

i would say you need to be qualified then

If you are issueint some sort or test certificate I think you should have commercial
If you are just testing for peace of mind, maybe not, who fitted the pipe? Is it to the correct depth? Will it be correctly buried etc?

If you are issueint some sort or test certificate I think you should have commercial
If you are just testing for peace of mind, maybe not, who fitted the pipe? Is it to the correct depth? Will it be correctly buried etc?

No no test certificate needed. Will check depths etc when there. The pipe is sleeved in yellow corrugated pipe.

So this is what I need to test and cap this pipe. Quite a lot of fittings.

1 x philmac 63mm end cap
1 x primofit adaptor 63mm compression to 2 inch bsp Female
2 inch x 1 inch brass reducer
1 inch male iron to 22mm compression and some copper tube. Test, then cap the test point.

So this is what I need to test and cap this pipe. Quite a lot of fittings.

1 x philmac 63mm end cap
1 x primofit adaptor 63mm compression to 2 inch bsp Female
2 inch x 1 inch brass reducer
1 inch male iron to 22mm compression and some copper tube. Test, then cap the test point.
That’s why commercial guys charge loads
I know Shaun and Last plumber use £50 notes as bog roll.

I am charging 2 days to just go and test this plus the parts. It is down in Margate so should be half a day there, back and testing.

Trouble is finding places that stock these fittings. BES do but then I need to wait for a delivery and was hoping to get down there tomorrow.

It has taken me 2 days to research fittings due to work, wife and 3 kids at home all being rather demanding.

I need to take more dump breaks at home I think!

Bss will have stock / they should

Reply to Pressure testing 63mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock