Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure testing 63mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been asked to pressure test and cap of 12metres of 63mm yellow gas pipe that is in a trench. Nothing is connected to either end.

Pressure testing to 10 bar should be fine hey?

It will be buried yes. This is going to be used at a later date so just checking this length is sound and then capping off.

10 bar is what I test all pipework to on new systems

Commercial mut also I would follow fitting instructions/ pipe instructions will state a pressure prob

Last plumber, your post has disappeared it seems?

I have found this info on the pipe but no pressure testing method. This is a new carcass with no joins and nothing attached to either end.

Screenshot_20181217-125604.png

Max pressure so keep under them and you will be fine

Test at like a bar

This is the max gas pressure going into the pipe though isn't it? So I would have thought I would need to test it to more than the 5.5 bar.

No that's the max pressure the pipe is rated to if you go above it could blow the pipe / split

What's your gas working pressure?

Last plumber, your post has disappeared it seems?

I have found this info on the pipe but no pressure testing method. This is a new carcass with no joins and nothing attached to either end.

View attachment 35973

Do you know the MIP and MOP the pipe will be subject to once commissioned?
There are various pressures that PE should be tested to dependant on those pressures. If you can tell me those, I will endeavour to look up the pressure it requires testing at for you if that will help you. They are in table 1 of IGE/UP/1.

No meter, there. Not even a building as of yet. Just a 63mm gas pipe in a trench

Have to talk to the networks then

If the test is only to make sure there's no defects in the pipe 1 bar air should be good enough then later on you can do all your calcs in regards to strength and tt

35mm pipe so no

32mm to 11/4 or 11/2 female iron

11/4 or 11/2 to 35mm comp male iron

Are you commercially reg mut ?

i would say you need to be qualified then

If you are issueint some sort or test certificate I think you should have commercial
If you are just testing for peace of mind, maybe not, who fitted the pipe? Is it to the correct depth? Will it be correctly buried etc?

If you are issueint some sort or test certificate I think you should have commercial
If you are just testing for peace of mind, maybe not, who fitted the pipe? Is it to the correct depth? Will it be correctly buried etc?

No no test certificate needed. Will check depths etc when there. The pipe is sleeved in yellow corrugated pipe.

Reply to Pressure testing 63mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock