Discuss Pressure Test Q's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the one then:
No fitting which is designed to be operated or maintained, whether manually or electronically, or which consists of a joint, shall be a concealed water fitting.

No. That one applies to valves etc.

The pipe in question is very good if fitted correctly,used Rehau crimp fit in Australia which is similar to this and very good and desingned to be chased into walls,once tested it can carry massive pressure and never leak,but never used compression fittings on it,to get onto copper they have adapters one end crimp the other brazed,i think this has been modified for uk plumbing the inserts are either missing or the wrong size.The UK is one of the few countries with exposed pipes under baths,basins etc.Most countries have '' mini stop valves'' fitted on the walls supplying basins,toilets with flexis.I would call the rep out who supplies this pipe and get his opinion.. Most builders are a waste of space

So does anyone know which part of the above Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 Wessex water would have been referring to when they came to my house and said the joints should be accessible? Or did they not know what they were talking about? If nobody knows where the joints are if I have a leak below floor level how will anyone be able to know where to access it without sawing up the whole floor? I am just trying to work out why the builder and his new plumber (not the one that did the original plumbing here) said that they had to re-plumb No 43 because he couldn't track a leak below floor level. Thanks

The saga continues! After 9 months without hot water /heating we finally had the system flushed in December...last week lost hot water again, this is where this all began a year ago. Plumber came out last week and said that the people who had flushed the system obviously didn't flush the hot water part of the boiler only the heating part, so the hot water heat exchange was still full of black bits. Today heating /hot water went again! OK so Q. When the plumber was here today I took out a bit of the Ginde pert-al-pert pipe to show him and I put my finger inside and it came out black. This was a bit of pipe that had been attached to a radiator valve, the plumber had cut it off when he was re-fitting the pipe that was leaking. What would be the cause of the black sooty substance inside the pipe. The pipe is plastic with an aluminium core. The plumber last week and today...looking at the contents of the hot water heat exchange black dust and iron filings (last year the plumber had flushed out black gunge and metal filings) said they wouldn't expect to see that in a 10 year old system. If the system however, had not been commissioned I assume this would be normal would it? The plumber today said he thought there was some kind of problem with the pipe that was setting up a reaction...does anyone have any ideas thanks?

I think 'carbon deposits' are a classic case of 'corrosion' within a heating system, seen it a few times before, flaky, ash like substance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure Test Q's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
B
Hi. I had a pressure test done on the toilet connection tap. Test showed no leak. However, thermal imaging showed elevated moisture levels around...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock