Discuss Pressure Gauge on boiler rising even when system turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fralinren

2 weeks ago our water would not work without the heating being on. We had British Gas come take a look and the chap spent a couple of hours replacing some parts and all was well. Whilst here he recommended a Magnabooster 2 filter and we bought one on-line and a friend who is an ex-plumber fitted this last week, He drained the system and put cleanser through first then came back 2 days later and put inhibitor through and then fitted the filter and then put the leak sealer through that we had bought. We then filled up the system again and left the pressure at the top of the green triangle. That was Thursday. Last night I noticed that even when the system was on (and had been on all day) the needle was half way in the green triangle and I was worried that once the heating went off and the system cooled down then the needle would drop and possibly turned off the system completely so I repressurised the system up to the 1.5 mark which I then expected to fall to the top of the green triangle when the system cooled down. This morning I noticed that the needle was up in the red section - completely over-pressurised so I let water out of a radiator. I have continued to do this all day and even took the front off the boiler and turned the red knob that releases the pressure. I have watched the needle go down to the top of the green triangle and left it but after less than an hour the pressure has raised again - the system is not even switched on and I have checked that I have not left the filling loop open. What have I done wrong??!! I really don't want to call my plumber friend and he was here so long last week and I don't want to call British Gas as they have been out twice as well. Have I broken something??

remove the filling loop hose and chck to see if valve is passing

when your system is over pressurised go outside to the CH drain valve and release water, this is easier, repressurise to 1 bar when system is COLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure Gauge on boiler rising even when system turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock