Search the forum,

Discuss Premier Oil ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Starship1

I recently phoned around for prices on domestic oil. one firm offered a premier oil as apposed to normal oil at the same price. first time I have heard this, with exception to diesel for my truck. Is there such a domestic oil.

some kerosene has additives put in them to increase the lack of sulpher in the modern fuels which helps prevent sooting up of the appliances, especially vapourising ones. Costs around £30 more per delivery or thereabouts normally

I am new to Oil and kerosene fuel fired systems - 40 years in gas

Then I bought some places in non gas land !

My observations which gets me very annoyed are that in N. Cornwall
and I suppose N Devon there is a very tight cartell of very few supply
companies whom are interlinked - I have checked.

Its is amazing but I can buy all of these fuels in sensible volumes
in a big city very near where i live for so much less than
Celtic etc demand -

Then they rip off poor people by charging
almost 2x their bulk rate for small volume collections

The whole situation in rural areas needs regulating CHK

In NI here Kerosine is today £416 for 900 Litre - about 46.2p / Litre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Premier Oil ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
I'm new to oil fired boilers. The first time I topped up my oil tank, I had the supplier organise the additive. From now on, I will buy my own additives. Is there any particular type the oil engineers on the forum would recommend? Heating only, no aga ect.
Replies
Views
Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern Help...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock