Search the forum,

Discuss pre insulated pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

Evening all.

As the post title, does anyone use pre insulated pipe ?

Looking online it seems pricey but obviously less labour intensive.

Are there any downsides to using it?

Armaflex "code O " on its own seems pricey being quoted 15mm x 19mm wall, box of 78mtr £161.46 per box plus vat.

Kev.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only use it when oil boiler going in a garage ect good stuff but have to be careful some off it can shrink when heat turned on

Thx Gray, do you mean the Armaflex shrinks? I presumed it would not due to the extra spec/cost over standard insulation.

Have you used the pre insulated pipe ?

I was talking about pre insulated pipes lol (ecoflex)
armaflex is good insulation dear but good if your not paying for it lol

Sorry Gray, Im asking about pre insulated pipes for solar thermal systems, min 150 degree spec.

I just looked up the Ecoflex pipe, not suitable ? or is it.

No it's not suitable for solar
You didn't say what it was for!!
Pre insulated pipes for solar are expensive stainless flexi
If you use armaflex it should be high temp for solar

No it's not suitable for solar
You didn't say what it was for!!
Pre insulated pipes for solar are expensive stainless flexi
If you use armaflex it should be high temp for solar

"Wahey Fella""

I did ask the question in the Renewables Forum !! Maybe a clue !!

Ever heard of wood pellet boilers wood chip boilers gasification boilers heat pumps!!!!!!!! These all could use pre insulted pipes so No it was not a clue fella lol

Fair enough Gray, just read back thro my posts and I wasnt clear enough.

Im new to Renewables and my head is full of facts figures from a Solar thermal course so the brain is single track at the moment.

Please take no offence to my replies, :smile5:.

So to recap!, is preinsulated pipe for solar ie 150 degrees rated any good? if so any good/ bad brands to use ?

Also any good suppliers, my local Plumb Ctr look confused when asking about panels.

Kev.

We just bye them as kits from suppliers we use kingspan thermomax best on Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pre insulated pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes sunk into wall behind bath. Walls have fresh tiles. Have realised as about to fit shower these pipes one is set higher than the other. If you fit a...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock