Search the forum,

Discuss pre insulated pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

Evening all.

As the post title, does anyone use pre insulated pipe ?

Looking online it seems pricey but obviously less labour intensive.

Are there any downsides to using it?

Armaflex "code O " on its own seems pricey being quoted 15mm x 19mm wall, box of 78mtr £161.46 per box plus vat.

Kev.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only use it when oil boiler going in a garage ect good stuff but have to be careful some off it can shrink when heat turned on

Thx Gray, do you mean the Armaflex shrinks? I presumed it would not due to the extra spec/cost over standard insulation.

Have you used the pre insulated pipe ?

I was talking about pre insulated pipes lol (ecoflex)
armaflex is good insulation dear but good if your not paying for it lol

Sorry Gray, Im asking about pre insulated pipes for solar thermal systems, min 150 degree spec.

I just looked up the Ecoflex pipe, not suitable ? or is it.

No it's not suitable for solar
You didn't say what it was for!!
Pre insulated pipes for solar are expensive stainless flexi
If you use armaflex it should be high temp for solar

No it's not suitable for solar
You didn't say what it was for!!
Pre insulated pipes for solar are expensive stainless flexi
If you use armaflex it should be high temp for solar

"Wahey Fella""

I did ask the question in the Renewables Forum !! Maybe a clue !!

Ever heard of wood pellet boilers wood chip boilers gasification boilers heat pumps!!!!!!!! These all could use pre insulted pipes so No it was not a clue fella lol

Fair enough Gray, just read back thro my posts and I wasnt clear enough.

Im new to Renewables and my head is full of facts figures from a Solar thermal course so the brain is single track at the moment.

Please take no offence to my replies, :smile5:.

So to recap!, is preinsulated pipe for solar ie 150 degrees rated any good? if so any good/ bad brands to use ?

Also any good suppliers, my local Plumb Ctr look confused when asking about panels.

Kev.

We just bye them as kits from suppliers we use kingspan thermomax best on Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pre insulated pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock