Search the forum,

Discuss Powerflushing combinatin boiler and rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allwright

Does it matter weather i connect the unit to rad pipes or is it better connecting to the pump on the boiler

rad pipes are fine that way u keep the unit outside and less chance of spills

can you de-scale secondary heat exchanger just as well using rad pipes

can you de-scale secondary heat exchanger just as well using rad pipes
depends what you mean if its the primary side yes if its the dhw side no for that you have to connect to the boiler tails
or remove it and descale seperately

the pump connects the the flow and return on the rad and is reversible for flow so what difference would it make connecting to the tails on a combi as the tails just run to the rads anyway,,for best descale remove heat exchanger to descale or replace it

Last edited by a moderator:
steve the plumber and newbi, what do you think about using kamco pump adapter on combination boilers

pump adaptor is a bit of a novelty as really its better to keep the pump outside if poss just in case ..dirty black water is a pig so reduce the risk

If you can get onto the primaries in the system its alot better. I have done a course run by Fernox on powerflushing and this was the lecturers advice. Its alot easier to keep the boiler running when connected into the primaries. A cold powerflush is useless!

As for combi's if you can get the pump adaptor in there then I say go for it. But never run the boilers integral pump as well as the powerflush pump as you dont want them pumping against each other.

is a bit odd. Fernox and Kamco may differ though. Dont kamco do a bolt on kit that heats the water.

yes there is a add on they only suggest about ten mins i suppose because 70deg plus prob wont do the plactic bits much good in the long run
agree heated water is better than cold so 10mins of boiler shld get it warm enough leave the rest to the chemicals

whats the best way of flushing gravity hot water and pumped central heating systems

I have flushed a gravity system by connecting onto the connections at the cylinder when feed and vent go. Will flush the gravity primaries and allows pump to then pump around boiler and heating system. Dont forget to check for any non return valves.

Plucky, if i cap vent and cold feed can i flush through from rad pipes. will obviously take non return valves into account

Allwright, yes you can. If there are any motorised valves anywhere open them manually

Any of you guys tried the Norstrom Proflush machine? I'm buying a flusher in the next week or two and have read they are the best.

Any of you guys tried the Norstrom Proflush machine? I'm buying a flusher in the next week or two and have read they are the best.

Never heard of a Norstrom... Ones ive read specs on are the Kamco, Fernox or Sentinel...All of them seem like good solid machines, but are pricey.

Ive only used the Fernox and the Kamco machine, whilst the Fernox machine is easier to use I found the Kamco seemed to get the job done quicker, plus its lighter.

I believe the Kamco un its are cheaper too. So for me it would be fernox. Our company were given 5 free units by Fernox so that what we use mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushing combinatin boiler and rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock