Discuss powerflush machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

efficient

which is the best Kamco or Magna cleanse ?

What makes kamco better there over a grand and twice as long to do?

As Vern has said, Kamco make a power flushing machine, ADEY make the Magna cleanse which is a powerful magnetic filter, 2 entirely different things.

If you want an hybrid model, buy a kamco CF90 and sling all those used magnaclean magnets, you may have piped through due to leaks,place on a string into the tank of kamco......job done :rolleyes2:

As Vern has said, Kamco make a power flushing machine, ADEY make the Magna cleanse which is a powerful magnetic filter, 2 entirely different things.

Hi CES

I think the OP is talking about the MagnacleanSE not the Magnaclean.

The Magnacleanse is a flushing tool, but not a power flusher. As I recall, it uses the system circulator to create flow round the system, and comes with a drill mounted agitator to bang the radiators.

It is designed to fit the Magnaclean filter connections.

Its way cheaper than a Kamco, but without its own pump, so I can see limitations.

OOps - sorry - reread your post properly - if that was what you meant, ignore me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi CES

I think the OP is talking about the MagnacleanSE not the Magnaclean.

The Magnacleanse is a flushing tool, but not a power flusher. As I recall, it uses the system circulator to create flow round the system, and comes with a drill mounted agitator to bang the radiators.

It is designed to fit the Magnaclean filter connections.

Its way cheaper than a Kamco, but without its own pump, so I can see limitations.

OOps - sorry - reread your post properly - if that was what you meant, ignore me! :)
Hi Ray I have a Magnacleanse unit it's a filter, well 2 with 2 hoses with camlocks, 2 different beasts

Hi Ray I have a Magnacleanse unit it's a filter, well 2 with 2 hoses with camlocks, 2 different beasts

Sorry vern - I read the posts too quickly!

Adey market the magnacleanse as a better alternative to powerflushing. What's your take on that?

Hi Ray, Ive got both the Kamco CF90 and the Magnacleanse unit also. Ive used the Magnacleanse on its own and with the Kamco machine, IMHO its better when both are used.

Sorry vern - I read the posts too quickly!

Adey market the magnacleanse as a better alternative to powerflushing. What's your take on that?
Ray,
my take on it is if both are used together in the right circumstances, a PF machine with the Magnacleanse nailed on the return will do a great job much faster on magnetic debris!
The beauty of the MC is you can hook it up quicker, circulate the chemicals hot with the system pump, and if the rads or rad valves are not great they won't be blown apart or leak!
Horses for courses......my mine gripe with any flushing is when it's not done right, e.g cylinder coil not isolated, fixing the cause of the sludge formation....pumping over, open vent and cold feed incorrect, what's the point if the faults ain't fixed!

They do indeed and also make it in black not clear for fernox too

They look well made, but then I believe they are around £300.

But is it overkill? If the contaminated water has been drawn off the system, why not just dump it, rather than filtering it?

If the cleaner is pump around to get the magnetite into suspension, then why not pull out the water and dump it?

Unless of course someone wants to clean their radiators out without losing their inhibitor ... lol ... I think that's Super Green! :rolleyes2:

They look well made, but then I believe they are around £300.

But is it overkill? If the contaminated water has been drawn off the system, why not just dump it, rather than filtering it?

If the cleaner is pump around to get the magnetite into suspension, then why not pull out the water and dump it?

Unless of course someone wants to clean their radiators out without losing their inhibitor ... lol ... I think that's Super Green! :rolleyes2:
I agree Peter overpriced, it does speed it up as you cannot often dump quick enough so some magnetite does the rounds again, especially if you are reverse flushing rapidly etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powerflush machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi. I had issues with cold spots four years ago and had a Magnacleanse done. This caused a few pinhole leaks and I got new radiators. I've just...
Replies
Views
Chris Irish
C
The system is about 20 years old and has never been cleaned. The radiator water looks like tar and several radiators are warm at top and cold at...
Replies
Views
C
Good morning I have a Adey's magnaclean filter fitted onto the flow pipe ,and when i had it serviced the plumber said all that is going into it...
Replies
Views
Need to plumb in a new washing machine. The room has a sink and toilet one one side, and at the other end of the room, enough space for washing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock