Discuss Power Flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Good Morning

What is the view on investing in a good quality power flushing kit and then advertising locally for this service. I am aware having had British Gas in my own home that such a process would improve the quality of my heating but i do not want to pay their prices. It has occured to me that i might need to spend some money but long term i could provide a service that did not break the bank for people who required the service.

I would like to make clear that i do not see this as a cash cow but a simple way of earning some money without ripping people off. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leoki, are you a plumber/heating/gas engineer? If so then it could well be worth your while. If not i wouldn't if i were you as you could well get into situations that you don't understand or have the tools and knowledge to overcome.

Yes! If you know the job.
It seems a good market opportunity.
The price asked for these power flush seem to be way out of proportion to what they should cost.

already know of a older plumber at retirement age whos started doing this as he found employment at his age hard to come by,good luck too you

Hi all
Any engineers in here from Scotland who do power flushing ?
just wondering if theres much call up North as the water up here isnt so hard

Hi all
Any engineers in here from Scotland who do power flushing ?
just wondering if theres much call up North as the water up here isnt so hard
not realy a hard water problem any open vented system corrodes and to some degree so do sealeds
personally i think theres enough powerflushers out there alreadyso costs are plummeting and old gungey systems are going to get fewwer and fewwer over the years

Leoki, are you a plumber/heating/gas engineer? If so then it could well be worth your while. If not i wouldn't if i were you as you could well get into situations that you don't understand or have the tools and knowledge to overcome.

Good advice, also how much would you charge for your service?

Dont think that just because you have bought a cheap power flush unit off ebay that it will bring you a living, competition is fierce and while BG might be quoting £600-£800 for a power flush, that pricing it at at half that price will land you the job either.....There are power flushes being carried out nowadays for peanuts! £250 all in, (or even less) so my humble advice is do so research first, altough judging by the date of the original post...this post may not be relevent now:)

Good advice, also how much would you charge for your service?

Dont think that just because you have bought a cheap power flush unit off ebay that it will bring you a living, competition is fierce and while BG might be quoting £600-£800 for a power flush, that pricing it at at half that price will land you the job either.....There are power flushes being carried out nowadays for peanuts! £250 all in, (or even less) so my humble advice is do so research first, altough judging by the date of the original post...this post may not be relevent now:)

Gra ur bang on there. As a slave to BG (glad for the work) I've been to customers 18 months after 3rd party flushes and they're completely full of it. Our prices are high, but the system is guaranteed for life. If the job is done poorly it is reflushed when checked annually. Not too bad a deal although it is a lotta dough. I'm not sure if people predose the system for a few weeks or bother to cut out and replace bunged up areas. Do you bother with powerflushing out there in the self employed world?

Well I'm self employed and I'm looking for a cheap powerflusher. At the moment I just flush with chemicals, which satisfys building regs. I do intend to buy the machine and offer the option in future.

I have no idea what I'll charge till I've done one, and bought the chemicals. I would imagine a days labour for one guy, plus £40 on chemicals, around £300ish. Should pay for itself within a year.

Well I'm self employed and I'm looking for a cheap powerflusher. At the moment I just flush with chemicals, which satisfys building regs. I do intend to buy the machine and offer the option in future.

Just to let you know. Powerflushing is one of the most soul destroying boring jobs you can do. You would have a better day watching paint dry and the money nowadays is sh..! not great:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
My Potterton Profile boiler will soon be 20 years old and for some years British Gas has been shaking its head about spare parts being available...
Replies
Views
M
Hello I was called earlier today by my wife who was in a bit of a panic after a visit from a British Gas heating Engineer, I have to admit his...
Replies
Views
drip-dry
D
A
Let me start by expressing that I am a complete layman when it comes to plumbing but am in need of some professional advice. I have had a British...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock