Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss power flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rockinter

Hi,
I need to do a power flush. Long story but i need to do myself, so i have hired a machine. It is on my own house system. I was just wondering if i need to do a power flush which has a boiler inline.

Can i connect the power flush machine in place of the y strainer which is in the return flow next to the boiler?

Also does the boiler need to be turned off when doing powerflush?

thanks

Buddy i usuall just disconnect the pump and connect to the pump valves,put your boiler on for about 20-30 mins before you flush helps to break up sludge ect..

The pump is inside the boiler. So are you saying i need to disconnect the pump from inside the boiler?

you can get a fiting that fits onto the pump base after you have removed the pump head
As it seems your are inexperianced do not go into boiler and start messing around
if you have isolaton valves each side of the strainer you can isolate and remove and fit connections to pipework ends then open valves and start flush
as said run boiler before hand and let heating get hot,this helps chemical reaction,then turn boiler off and isolate when carrying out flushing
follow instructions provided with machine,read before you start works not when something happens or you will have problems,know all the controls and what they do
As pump in boiler would think you have sealed system,if you have a cylinder make sure motorised valves open
Take your time,keep a eye on rads and fittings ,that they do not start leaking especially around any visible corroded areas

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information that was very informative. You are correct it is a sealed system and i have no cylinder
I will do the strainer thing, as it easy and i have taken it off before. Just one thing. When i flushing with the boiler off, this won't damage the pump or divertor valve will it?

As i am thinking as the boiler is off the water will be forced through the pump to go round the system, or am i wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to power flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock