Discuss Power flushing machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys new to this.

Wanna get some advice on power flushing machines i currently get a mate to do it but am fed up asking and paying him to do it when i could be doing it myself, what machines would anybody recomend. I mostly work on average sized 3/4 bed properties so dosent need to be two big/powerfull just quite a few machines about and fancy some advice on what make and madel to go for as recomendations go a long way

Thanks
Alex

Got myself a kamco CF90, for me it is all about the customer services which is brilliant with Kamco, to be perfectly honest the CF30 would have been fine to get as only do a maximum of 20 radiators, although I am glad I got the little bit more powerful one. also the CF90 is a lot bigger so takes up a lot more space in van.

i currently get a mate to do it but am fed up asking and paying him to do it when i could be doing it myself
Getting your mate to do it is probably the most cost effective way.

You don't have to lay out the capital to buy the machine

While he is doing the powerflush, you can be doing something else, even at another property, and earning more money.

Assuming he does the work for you at "trade" rates, you will be able to add something on to the amount you charge your customers.

Do the maths and see if is cost effective.

I've had the Kamco CF30 for quite a while now,I use their chemicals.
If you buy it new, they'll do you a free training day.
Always found them to be an excellant company to deal with.
As one off powerflushes there's decent money to be made.
Use when installing, you can set it up to flush the system whilest vou fit boiler.
Peace of mind that there'll be no problems in the future with manufactures warrenties.
Better still use it with magnetic filter for better results.

Cf90 all day long. I've used a few machines and this one is by far the best. I use all kamco equipment and it does a great job.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

i use the new magna cleanse machine which is superb it only costs £320+vat to buy, it works of the pump of the boiler and you use an agitator tool to remove the crap from the radiators this also cuts down in the time to carry out the complete flush around 2 hours its great for doing boiler only changes and collects all the crap in one pass through the machine

Magnacleanes and a power flushing machine is by far the best option and I have tried the magnacleanes on its own and then powerflushed afterwards! I will not flush with the magnacleanes on its own again!

Yeah......the magnacleanse is just another money spinner for adey on my opinion.....will not do a good as job if flushing with a proper machine. But each to their own I suppose.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Ive got a CF30 which I bought a few years ago, coupled with a Magnaclean powerflushing filter (which is basically the predecessor to the Magnacleanse system). Never had a bit of bother with it although I dont use it often enough.

Cheers chaps been hearing a lot about the kamcos was thinking the cf30 and Kamco are local ish to me, do you need to use there chemicals or can you use say the sentinal or fernox heavy duty cleaners

You can use whatever chemicals you want. Although I do like their FX2

You can use whatever chemicals you want. Although I do like their FX2

The FX2 is good, unfortuaneatly most boilers are aluminium, so i use hyper-flush.

problem is having to get it or wait for delivery so also use sentinel x800 jetflo.

Kamco have 1 price for the power flush machine, where as the others charge different prices depending on where you get it.

Also kamco do warranty, link on website, technical helpline and as said before training course

I bought a kamco cf90. It's second to none. A bit expensive though. Make sure you use the chemicals that are registered by DWTA. Kamco Fernox etc

CF90 is a good piece of kit, Ive just invested in a new MK3 fernox machine with their magnetic filter, goes up to 85 degrees C and supposedly pumps at up to 85 litres a min without increasing pressure. Havent had chance to use it yet courtesy of bathroom jobs but will give a bit of feedback when I have chance.

Think im am defintly gonna invest in one probabaly a Kamco as ive just been to see a customer who has had a quote from bg for a powerflush at 700 quid al i gotta do is follow the bg pricing man round and be under them job done :smile5:. What do u guys charge for a 8 rad system so i got an idea cheers

quote from bg for a powerflush at 700 quid
But they give a "lifetime guarantee"!!

What do u guys charge for a 8 rad system so i got an idea cheers
Don't you know how to do costings?

Work out how long it will take - say 2 hours set up and dismantle time and 15 minutes per rad = 4 hours in total and multiply that by your hourly rate ((£40/hr) = £160

Add in price of chemicals - say £40

Now you have to cost in the Powerflush machine. Decide how long you want to take to recover the cost -say 4 years - and estimate how many flushes you will do in that time - say one per week. Let's say it cost £960. That works out at £5 per week over 4 years at 48 flushes a year.

So the total cost for doing 8 rads is £160 +£40 +£5 = £205.

Now add on your profit margin, say 25%, and 20% VAT and you get £307.50.

Thanks doitmyself can cost jobs just unsure on the full powerflush time line etc once got my machine gonna book in for their free training to learn the ropes

gotta watch the powerflush market now.....so many people undercutting me is unreal.....prices they are charging to are silly!!! found out one dude did an 8 rad flush for £200!!! £100 cheaper than i would charge,and i thought i was cheap!.....but still i know i do the job properly.

But they give a "lifetime guarantee"!!

Don't you know how to do costings?

Work out how long it will take - say 2 hours set up and dismantle time and 15 minutes per rad = 4 hours in total and multiply that by your hourly rate ((£40/hr) = £160

Add in price of chemicals - say £40

Now you have to cost in the Powerflush machine. Decide how long you want to take to recover the cost -say 4 years - and estimate how many flushes you will do in that time - say one per week. Let's say it cost £960. That works out at £5 per week over 4 years at 48 flushes a year.

So the total cost for doing 8 rads is £160 +£40 +£5 = £205.

Now add on your profit margin, say 25%, and 20% VAT and you get £307.50.

I used to charge £250, thought i was too cheap, so i started charging £350, got no calls after that.

so changed back to £250.

8 radiator system should take longer then 4 hours,

1 hour set up, run through system 15 minutes, fire up boiler 5 minutes, cylinder 15 minutes, bypass 5 minutes, 8 radiators 15 minutes each, the wash out 10 minutes, each radiator 10 minutes, boiler, by pass, cylinder, 5 minutes each, fire up system and test 1 hour.

6/7 hours total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flushing machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and...
Replies
Views
J
what is the best power flush machine and where can I buy it
Replies
Views
Kamco CF40 & CF90 Power Flush Machines Now in Stock! Due to Popular Demand. Order Today While Stock Lasts Power Flush Machines - CorgiDirect -...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock