Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I am thinking about treating myself to a power flush unit. I never had one before, what one do u recommend and what chemicals. I seen a few used ones on eBay but if it busts half way through the first job it's just a waste of cash. I keen looking at the kamco 40 £1000 + 300 for the magnet unit and a free days training on the unit. Also what do people charge for a normal 8-10 rad system. There seems to be a price discrepancy I am seeing £300-350 seems the norm but then I see the odd £150 lol surely the £150 is a bodge it and scarper?

my current power flusher is a no name second hand jobby from ebay used it maybe 10 times? always with a twin magnet attached too power flushing is one of them jobs that some people turn up put the machine on and believe they have done 3 hours later I have had flushes on say standard 10 rad systems that have taken 5 hours Min! but I have also had them take 12 hours! don't think I can discus prices on here but I charge and use sentinel cleaners and cheep inhibitor plus a set 2 figure sum for machinery and my day rate I sure as heck couldn't afford to power flush for £150!!

may I add I have only had this one around 4 months I do a lot of powerflushing for a landlord who insists on it when he buys new property's but before I bought my current machine I used to hire one from the merchants so that could be a option for you

It does look like a good little number to me, easy enough no brain job just run through the process properly, temp check the rads, test the water, add inhibitor and try and pick up trv valve replacements. Do a bloody good tidy job and wait for the repeat work and recommendations. I wanna get a job check sheet done, before and after measurements, ph level ect

I would suggest you buy a quality unit, we use Fernox machines, each will complete around 4/5 flushes per week. The current units we are using are about 18 months old. We have sampled cheaper units and as you can guess, you get what you pay for.

Kamco CF90 and all the extra gear is what I've got, brilliant. I would advise working with someone else when doing a powerflush. What how quick that machine can froth up and then your in trouble if you are somewhere else in the property. You won't get as good a flush done if working on your own.

Kamco CF90 and all the extra gear is what I've got, brilliant. I would advise working with someone else when doing a powerflush. What how quick that machine can froth up and then your in trouble if you are somewhere else in the property. You won't get as good a flush done if working on your own.
From experience this is solid advice. Used to have a no talking rule too when flushing with a partner as the second you taje your eye off the machine it will turn round and spill its guts somewhere inconvenient. Used to try and put it in a shower tray bath or wet room to avoid trouble. Now i have hoses long enough for it to sit outside.

I did wonder that about the chemicals bubbling up. Is this different if u use a acid or detergent based cleaner. Guess I could shut the machine off when going to the next rad????? Would rather find a way to do it on my own

I usually flush on my own but I have extentions for all hoses so 9 out of 10 times I set the machine up outside or atleast in a bathroom/kitchen with a tiled floor otherwise its on a tarpaulin

Yeah sod doing it in the house I really don't fancy that one lol all it takes is a hose to pop off, leak of or machine tip over then that's one massive ear bashing them chemicals can't be good for carpet let alone the crappy old water lol. He will be well and truly outside lol.

If you shut the pump off you will allow the system to start draining/overflow via machine.

I bought a bunded container that I sit my machine in, which is then sat on top of waterproof mat and then dust sheets, and NEVER left unattended!

Id recommend getting a magnet filter, it makes a huge difference and is something to show the cust at the end of the flush.

We have long enough hoses to sit the machine outside, cant imagine sitting the machine inside, asking for trouble.

Yeah sod doing it in the house I really don't fancy that one lol all it takes is a hose to pop off, leak of or machine tip over then that's one massive ear bashing them chemicals can't be good for carpet let alone the crappy old water lol. He will be well and truly outside lol.

stick it in the bath!!

Agreed the magnets are a must, might put the sludge and rust in to a freezer bag to give to the customer for a bit of visual impact so they can see where the money has gone, as with b4 and after samples of water, rad temps, tds and ph levels. It's all pretty much ho point for them but it looks very professional and gives them something go show and tell there mates

What's the best way of flushing a combi boiler system? I am not gas safe yet, I am starting the course early next year so I can't be disconnecting the pump from inside the boiler right? But I can whip the flow and return off and go to there but then the boiler won't be flushed or just whip a rad out and do it that way? Pardon my stupidity lol

Really....your considering gas safe but arent sure how to flush a system.

You should know you dont necessarily need to be anywhere near a boiler to do this.
..But you need to get some experience and do a course

More just getting as many opinions as possible from diffrent people!

I like to no absolutely everything I can b4 I do something, I have power flushed with people before but I been out the trade for 7 years so just refreshing my memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock