Search the forum,

Discuss Power Flush Chemicals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So I've just ordered an Anton Flowclean Plus - which the specs say has a much higher flow rate than others and only for £780 including a plate heat exchanger adapter and hose extension kit.

Anyway, my question is: what are the best chemicals to use? I've used fernox but it really froths up - any recommendations?

Cheers

i use adey/fenox

I use Sentinel X800 for aluminium heat exchangers, although I understand that Vaillant are now saying nothing stronger than X300. It doesn't froth up to bad. For cast iron boilers I use Kamco FX2, that stuff is strong and really helps clear out a heating system. The FX2 has to be neutralised which does add time to a flush. X800 doesn't but I always test the water with a bit of PH paper to be on the safe side. I then use Kamco concentrate inhibitor.

Don't own one , touch wood I've never had to advise a customer on a power flush, it's the Scottish sparklin water lol, kiddin ,
I will look to purchase one someday , let us know your feed back j,

Do you have to use a neutraliser with these after you've cleaned the system?

nope well never used one

but never had a really bad one where i need the tough stuff as the water is like Kris mostly clean

So I'd use the same chems for doing a plate heat exchanger? Or different chems? I'm gonng blast my plate when I get my machine delivered lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flush Chemicals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock