Discuss Potterton Puma 80 Burner makes loud noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SatPal

When I open hot water tap the boiler fires and the burner makes a very loud sound. Can this sound be reduced? As the firing intensity sound is too loud.

Hi SatPal ... I think you'd need an GSEngineer to take a look at what's causing the noise. Does it occur when the heating is on too? There are many things that can cause a 'noise'!

As above Sat get a GSR engineer in.

Common fault I have with these boilers is explosive ignition and it will only get worse.(I am guessing from the description).

Last edited:
A qualified engineer is the only way forward, he has the knowledge and tools to check the appliance, in particular the low and high burner gas setings in your case.

Bob

call out a gsr engineer they will take one look at your puma then say its a heap(which it is)and quote for a new boiler sometimes the truth hurts

the local counsil's around by me fitted hundreds of theses 8-9 years ago, most have been replaced in last few years. how old is the boiler? may be time to let it rest in peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Puma 80 Burner makes loud noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back