Discuss Potterton promax SL leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first post so be gentle with me. The boiler was in the house when we bought it, yes I know it is not the best in the world. The problem. When firing water dripping out of inner case. Before I get ear ache I have not even remove the outer case. The boiler has just been serviced and no internal leak found, I have never had to top up the sistem in the last four months or so. The service engineer had no idea where the water is coming from.
The flue is twin pipes, not concentric, except where it passes through the wall, and about five meters long. My thought is that the water is condensation in the air intake pipe as some times there is no leak depending on the weather. It is not rain related, just in cold damp weather. Have checked the pH of the leakage water and it is not acidic.
Any thoughts appreciated. Regards John.

Thoughts are there's nothing you can do, unfortunately. You need a gsr in to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax SL leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Went to a breakdown a few weeks ago. Potterton Promax, 4 months old, water dripping very slowly from bottom of outer case. Took case off...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
D
Hello all, I hope you can give me some advice. We moved a short while ago into a house with a Potteron Promax 15HE system boiler. Before we could...
Replies
Views
D
Back