Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Profile 50e No flame question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

New to the fault finding so here goes. Got a Profile 50e that when called for heat fan starts up but nothing else. Been reading up and have checked the aps hoses for blockages and kinks, blew down hose softly and aps clicked so presuming it works? Could the fan not be running high enough or is it the aps that needs to be changed?

Cheers

Hi novice gas.

Does the appliance ignite when you manually operate the APS?

If fan turning but APS not switching, consider cleaning Venturi's before condemning fan.

Hi, by manually opening aps/blowing down it, the aps does click however the spark ignition does not occur.

cheers

I would get a multimeter on APS to see if it actually switches or is just making a noise.

Half a metre of silicon tube is a nicety to have in your toolbox on these occasions.

Alternatively borrow the hose from your manometer.

these boilers have a pretty straight forward ignition sequence you can follow novicegas ... If you have the mi's check out how the thing works. Blowing or sucking on an aps lets you hear a click is all :)

Get yourself a multimeter so you can check the electrical operation of the air pressure switch. Also try and get a hold of the manufacturers instructions before you go buying a PCB for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Profile 50e No flame question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock