Discuss Potterton Performa 18e-No Pressure,noisy and no HW or CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamiem

We have the Potterton Performa 18e boiler which is in the kitchen. Over the past week it has been making a loud moaning noise and there is now no hot water and the radiators are only mildly warm.

I noticed when i opened the front fascia that the pressure gauge reads zero. After reading around on this forum i thought it might need re-pressurising with a filler loop. There was no filler loop on the boiler so i purchased one.

I thought this would need attaching between the two outer pipes beneath the boiler (see pic). However, when i turned the two black taps to the off position (see pic) and undid the cap on the left hand pipe, water started pouring out and did not stop.

I have looked all over the house, under kitchen sink, kitchen cupboards, airing cupboard and loft for a filler loop near pipe work but can't find one.

I looked in the loft and there are two tanks up there. A large round tank and a smaller rectangular tank with a ball valve. Both these tanks have plenty of water in. Not sure if these feed the boiler or what. We also have a hot water tank in the airing cupboard with some pipe work (see other pic)

Any ideas on what to do will be gratefully received.
pic2.jpgpic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have an open vent system.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Performa 18e-No Pressure,noisy and no HW or CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock