Discuss Potterton kingfisher boiled water then rads packed up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charley7

Water boiled. Plumber fitted new thermostat and circuit board. Then radiators stopped working, downstairs first then upstairs.

The upstairs radiators had been working. He turned them off to try to force the water through downstairs but didn't work. When I put upstairs back on they didn't work either.
The plumber had also given the pump a 'tap' to encourage it.

As above, pump sounds like the most likely culprit.

I think if he give it a 'tap' it will be an SMC. I think ( as the above others do) that it's stuck or sticking.
Change it is my advice. A good heating engineer will be able to diagnose the problem onsite for you !

I think if he give it a 'tap' it will be an SMC. I think ( as the above others do) that it's stuck or sticking.
Change it is my advice. A good heating engineer will be able to diagnose the problem onsite for you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton kingfisher boiled water then rads packed up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Back