Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton gold 33 he weird one for me. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Old Account

hi guys,

As above I had this boiler today and couldn’t get that to fire.
The customer got new gas pipes 28mm don’t know why that big but alright.

E133 gas valve opens and drops to 17,5 mbar, Fan is running, pump is running, everything epseems perfect till the ignition,. I took the sparks out checked them all good igniting too.

The boiler will only fire a little when I blow down the silicone hose to the gas valve ...

Any idea ?

I could apimagine a blocked gas valve due to debris .. or fan.

I've had this on the same boiler and it was that the ignition probes had warped and bent away from the burner, so they'll still be sparking but just nowhere near the burner.

Reply to Potterton gold 33 he weird one for me. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe (3 soldered joints only) running into house to the kitchen, to gas hob (with another isolator just prior to hob). System Failing tightness test...
Replies
Views
Hello, This post is a continuation of my post of yesterday entitled Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher, BUT with an important change in information. In my previous post, I gave the sequence of events as follows: a) Fan starts running b) A few seconds later the green Flame LED lights up c) A...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a booming/banging sound randomly. This is a noise like a pocket of gas igniting and can be loud enough to make you jump. It's been impossible for the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Got a Main Combi 24 HE which is stuck on flame failure. Customer had a gas leak on the gas run which was repaired, after this the customer turned the boiler on from the spur and the boiler is was stuck on flame failure which flashes slowly. When hot water demand is given the pin hits...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock