Discuss Post-servicing CH but No HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

villain1985

Hello

I had my boiler serviced when I moved into my new property. Prior to the service everything was working. During service the boiler was broke apparently as the fan had gone. Unlucky coincidence. So I paid for new fan and fitting. Now post this new fan we are able to get CH but no HW...

My system also has solar water heaters going into the water cylinder, with coils for the Worcester Greenstar 24Ri to gas heat the water too. But even if I manually turn on the HW control for the Worcester boiler it just doesn't kick in (if I put CH on manually a green light comes on and the boiler starts working audibly, but nothing for HW)

The solar was masking the problem before as the sun was so good it was doing all the hot water. Now its cloudier the solar is only producing luke warm water and has unmasked the fact the gas water heating isn't happening.

Any advice or help gratefully received as since the weather has changed my wife and I are having to have freezing showers! Where could the system be going wrong? The water in the cyclinder is cold even with the HW heating supposedly on according to the monitor.

Thanks

Al

If the boiler is working for CH then it's not the boiler that's the problem.
I'd suggest getting a decent plumber to do some fault finding on your system (programmer, cylinder thermostat & wiring etc).

as said, the problem is a control issue or lack of it.
could it be as simple as the previous owners turned the stat down,
setting controls off for water as they were relying on the solar?
are you sure the controls are all on for water?
failing that get it tested, should be easy to resolve.

ps, welcome to the forum.

How long ago was the service? and why haven't you got back in touch with the service engineer?

Sometimes the obvious answers are staring you in the face. What temperature is the cylinder stat set at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Post-servicing CH but No HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock