Discuss Possible PL Claim, Advice needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any plumber that says they have never had a leak is a lying barsteward.

Are they wanting you to pay for the emergency plumbers aswell?

Worth bearing in mind that insurance companies won't support betterment. They will put back to the original state but any improvement would still be down to you so even less point in claiming.

Suggest he claims off his house insurance and you pay the excess. It's a lovely solution.

Not EVERYBODY tells people about bad experiences with tradesmen. News of a less than satisfactory experience probably doesn't spread as much as people like to say. Even cowboy builders worthy of a TV appearance seem to manage to find no end of customers. And even if it did spread a bit, you know what conversations are like, nobody listens to each other half the time and are they going to remember the name of the company the person was yakking on about?

The reason it takes 5 years on average for a tradesman doing good work to become full time on rep alone is word spreads but it spreads very slowly. And even if a bad rep spreads faster, the odd job with a unhappy customer isn't going to do much damage unless they're taking it to The Mail Online. I'm not saying this with any reference whatsoever to do with the job in question. Just a side point that I think the old adage that a happy customer will tell a couple of people and an unhappy one will tell 20 is probably massively overstated. And in the case of someone who leaves behind them the very occasional slightly less than totally pleased customer, the effect will be as good as nonexistant.

Not EVERYBODY tells people about bad experiences with tradesmen. News of a less than satisfactory experience probably doesn't spread as much as people like to say. Even cowboy builders worthy of a TV appearance seem to manage to find no end of customers. And even if it did spread a bit, you know what conversations are like, nobody listens to each other half the time and are they going to remember the name of the company the person was yakking on about?

The reason it takes 5 years on average for a tradesman doing good work to become full time on rep alone is word spreads but it spreads very slowly. And even if a bad rep spreads faster, the odd job with a unhappy customer isn't going to do much damage unless they're taking it to The Mail Online. I'm not saying this with any reference whatsoever to do with the job in question. Just a side point that I think the old adage that a happy customer will tell a couple of people and an unhappy one will tell 20 is probably massively overstated. And in the case of someone who leaves behind them the very occasional slightly less than totally pleased customer, the effect will be as good as nonexistant.

I think you statement it true when living in an urban area. But like myself, living in a rural location. Reputation is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible PL Claim, Advice needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back