Search the forum,

Discuss Poll: who has used their central heating this year? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ric2013

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm wondering when most people start to use central heating, and how we differ in our use of it.

Probably it's relevent WHERE we are: I'm in northeast Essex and haven't had the heating on yet.

We've used ours. Although I'd be happy without. I'm always boiling!

I don't turn my heating ON.
It's set to the same temperture on the Programable thermostat all year.
If it calls for heating in the middle of Summer, assuming the temp is below set point, then it'll come one.
It's noticeably been on sometimes over the last 3 weeks or so.

But as per CHK comment, I also have been opening my windows when it feels colder inside than out.

There is no suitable category for me to vote in / on.

Its a funny spin back but heavily insulated homes during autumn and spring can actually
block out the ambient heat and seem cold hence putting the heating on
centralheatking...this could be obviated by opening windows ...which is rare now
chk
I know what you mean. A draughty(/thermally light and uninsulated) house will warm up at midday.

Yes. It always surprises me how many people don't open windows. No wonder so many houses are damp :)

I know what you mean. A draughty(/thermally light and uninsulated) house will warm up at midday.

Yes. It always surprises me how many people don't open windows. No wonder so many houses are damp :)
It gets worse the numpties then buy de humidifiers to dry their homes out
...what is wrong with a washing line etc. I survey plenty of rentals that have mould
etc. just because they keep windows closed put stuff on the radiators and moan
to the agent...anyway ...centralheatking. England Won, Eire lost and my mrs team
the toffees actually recorded a win...my lot perform Sunday ...enjoy your weekend

I must be built wrong then as Dan is the cold one in our house. I'd be happy with all windows open 24/7 lol. 🌋🌞

I must be built wrong then as Dan is the cold one in our house. I'd be happy with all windows open 24/7 lol. 🌋🌞

Same in my house. I hate the cold and feel it before Mrs Stig does. Conversely, I tolerate very hot weather much better. The hottest outdoor air temperature we have ever experienced was 46 degrees centigrade in Death Valley in August. My wife got out the car and got straight back in again as the hot breeze was just mad. I managed a bit of a hike around for 20 minutes but I admit I came back to the car half dead.

Same in my house. I hate the cold and feel it before Mrs Stig does. Conversely, I tolerate very hot weather much better. The hottest outdoor air temperature we have ever experienced was 46 degrees centigrade in Death Valley in August. My wife got out the car and got straight back in again as the hot breeze was just mad. I managed a bit of a hike around for 20 minutes but I admit I came back to the car half dead.
Wow a Mrs Stig, I thought 'Stig of the Dump' my best book when I was little was without
a partner...if you dont know what I am on about look it up smashing book
Stig....thats your name now....centralheatking

I like the cold.

I will have a shower and sit in my shorts whilst the wife will have fleecy onesy on and wanting heating on.

Then again I am slightly better insulated against the cold 😉

Wow a Mrs Stig, I thought 'Stig of the Dump' my best book when I was little was without
a partner...if you dont know what I am on about look it up smashing book
Stig....thats your name now....centralheatking
Oh yes, we were read it at primary school. One boy didn't like it and was told he'd only get given some tape or something to mend his whatever it was if he sat quietly through it. Huh, Stig of the Dump: I'm Stig and I'm in the dump! he said in reply.

Not sure why it is that with age, all your stories seem to be about nothing and go nowhere. Well, mine do anyway.

Reply to Poll: who has used their central heating this year? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock