Search the forum,

Discuss pneumatically operated w.c. flush valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi chaps and chappesses.
I have this flush valve in my loo at home.
IMG_1964.jpgIMG_1965.jpg

It worked for a couple of weeks, now I have to push the button in really slowly to get about a 1 in 10 chance of it flushing.
It's as if the bellows are passing so are unable to push enough air down the tube to lift the valve in the flush.
I'm about to swap it out for a fluidmaster (if the cable will reach the button), but I was wondering if anyone had ever serviced one of these with this fault successfully?

Trim the tubes Joe. Sometimes. It splits and air escapes when you press the button so the seat won't lift

Did that mate, the short tubes you see are the newly trimmed tubes :(
Took the button bellows off and they are passing, so opened them up and they're really badly made, no way will I fix them. (<-- I was wrong * edit)
Took my last remaining fluidmaster out of my parts bin and once opened I remembered that I had used the valve a couple of weeks ago and left the cradle part in the box, so now I am in the dark ages until the shops open tomorrow, I might have to dig a hole in the back until then ;)

Last edited:
Sorted it, I greased up the bellows and put it back together and it holds pressure now, flushes every time ;)
Top tip though, if you get this issue, a bit of silicone grease sorts it out. The bellow is just like the inside of a standard bike pump, a rubber bit is pushed down a tube, lube the tube and the rubber bit and all's good, well at least until you get paid... Will see how long it lasts ;)

Hi chaps and chappesses.
I have this flush valve in my loo at home.
View attachment 25955View attachment 25956

It worked for a couple of weeks, now I have to push the button in really slowly to get about a 1 in 10 chance of it flushing.
It's as if the bellows are passing so are unable to push enough air down the tube to lift the valve in the flush.
I'm about to swap it out for a fluidmaster (if the cable will reach the button), but I was wondering if anyone had ever serviced one of these with this fault successfully?

Hey jcplumb why did not you change the bellows would have been much quicker ... Are the bellows those black ones ? If you need there's bellows just get them they are cheap and easy to change

Hey Matchless,
I was either fixing it or putting a fluidmaster in, unfortunately the fluidmaster I thought I had was an almost empty box :/
I initially thought the pneumatic pipes might be too long, so trimmed them as they were originally about 4 times longer than when I took the pictures above.
Then I worked out the bellows were bobbins, a bit of silicone grease sorted it right out though.

Oh and it was 4pm on a Sunday, so no merchants open...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pneumatically operated w.c. flush valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve lifts lightly and closes giving a very short weak flush. You can manually lift the flush valve in the cistern and it moves freely, flushes fine and...
Replies
Views
I need to replace my existing pneumatic button flush, as the rubber diaphragm that lifts the flush mechanism is leaking, and was wondering whether I should go for another pneumatic, or are cable ones more reliable? The outlet hole seems to be 40mm internally, but the pipe looks to be 50mm...
Replies
Views
I have replaced the sealing washer to a Grohe Adagio flushvalve (42137) as water was constantly leaking from the concealed cistern. It now is holding the water fine but there is a problem with the flush itself, which was not a problem previously. Flushing requires two or three presses (of the...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Our push button toilet won't flush properly most of the time, if you push the button it makes a half-hearted attempt, but gives up; sometimes you have to push it quickly 3 or 4 times and it eventually flushes; occasionally it just won't do a proper flush and you have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
I am having a slight difficulty with a concealed WC cistern enclosure (I am pretty sure it is a Grohe) which is operated by a pneumatic push-button (no logo). Upon removing the tiled sections that conceal the cistern I am able to get the WC to flush simply by pressing down on the flush-valve...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock