Discuss Plumbing pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

Has anyone else seen the new set of pics on the forum page? A new cloakroom install I THINK! My god. I'm not being harsh but that basin waste?! The copper to the wc?! Surely blooming not. I'm bait shocked that someone would put the pics up with pride. :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he's not asking for a placement he's out there charging people for work like this. And you think that's fine? Because its not gas it's not important to do a neat and tidy job?

Come on guys this boy says he has been doing stuff for 4 years
Even if it was a first job it looks crap and anyone can see it looks crap it looked better before he changed it
And as said he is charging people to do that
Simon I have a lot of respect for you and I know you would not leave a job like that!!

Hmmmm, yes on reflection you are right. He shouldn't be charging people for that work.

He's genuinely trying to do a good job, that's what's frustrating. There are loads of people out there with better skills than him who just don't give a **** and will lash it in better than that.

I would never leave a Job like that and I thank those for believing in my level of quality

I don't think this chap has been doing it for 4 years. I think he may be a dabbling in this and don't think this is a vocation of his.

I do agree that he should not be charging for this and that if he is, it should be at a heavily reduced rate.

I don't like this mocking of his work without making him aware of it. Perhaps a kick in the jewels like this may make him see his errors. But I do have to applaud him for his efforts. It is functional !

Ste b's thread on indirect systems

just finished watching a documentary about abortions and umbilical cords!.

apparently, trainee midwives tape up the nipples to prevent leaks?.:crazy:

It does look a mess but rather than just ripping into the bloke I tried to give a bit of constructive criticism. Definitely looks more DIY than pro though and if an apprentice of mine did that they'd be ripping it out and starting again.

But he's not an apprentice. He's a qualified plumber on paper. He's asked questions on gas work and on boiler breakdowns which fills me with dread. Look, it's not a personal dig at him as a person. I'm sure if we went for a pint he'd be a hoot. BUT if he's passing work like this off as acceptable then as far as I'm concerned he's giving the plumber a bad name. End off. Rant over.

The problem is if you go at people too hard they will disappear and continue carp work. If someone did work like that in my house I'd refuse to pay but there's a lot of custards that don't know any better unfortunately.

I regularly have to restrain myself when I see some of the questions that "trained plumbers" ask. I do wonder if they should be let loose on the general public with such an appaling lack of knowledge of basic plumbing systems.

lets face it lads, its no longer difficult or has it ever been to become a qualified plumber or gas engineer for that matter. But just like with any job your always going to get the good and the bad. I respect him for posting those pictures, i was there once maybe not as bad but i was there, and the only way you will improve is by looking at other good jobs others have carried out or by learning and being shown the better way by a seasoned pro :) his only direction by the looks of it is from you guys who can either tear him to pieces or like a lot have just nudge him in the right direction.

thou shall not smack a child brigade!.

i was brought up the other way, got ripped to shred's and even had work thrown at me at 16 (had a few spanners at the back of the head too) cause it was krap, but i then knew it was not good enough and dare not to do the same again!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock