Discuss Plumbing maintenance work only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Who here makes a living carrying out maintenance work only?

i know when money has to be made most of us would be prepared to do pretty much anything but who gets by replacing siphons, stopcocks etc?

hard to do I imagine but I know some guys who hate any type of install work.

Agree that I dont think most people can survive on maintenance for the domestic customer only as generally a lot of my maintenance is either for the older end or after have a go heroes, but good for filling part of the odd day in. Maintenance for most other commercial housing etc generally on fixed price ( generally poor as well )

So for those guys who don't do any gas work, do you have to rely on bathroom and kitchen fitting? Or where do you earn your money?

I can tick by nicely on maintenance but it's hard to get enough of them in a week to make decent money.
If I can get a decent bathroom in every 2-3 weeks I'm happy doing half days on maintenance the rest of the time.
Don't know what the going rate is round the country but here it's about £60 to change a syphon or fill valve, so you could make a grand a week (before business/running costs) doing 4 syphons a day. The trick is finding a way to get 4 syphon jobs a day for 5 days a week, I still haven't perfected that trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing maintenance work only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back