Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing inivation and invention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Servicemate

This is my first go on this forum so here goes . I am a plumber and gas fitter who owns a company in that area that is staggering along as many are. I have in the last 12 months diversified and begun to designe and manufacture tool , toolboxes electrical gadgets designed specifically for the plumbing / gas Market I have had sussess in this area selling into Rothenberger and PTS .

Many tradmen have ideas of tools or gadgets that can make there job easier / more organised I have some Good manufacturing connections now and am looking for feedback on ideas that I have and any ideas that plumbers and gas fitters may have that I can bring to the mass Market to make all of our lifes easier .

And ideas welcome ??

A pipe rack/rod tube that opens in two halves on hinges so that tube of different lengths can be stored and be accessible.

hi there,
friendly advice first.
please dont push any products without permission as it will be in breach with forum rules.

in response to your post;
i was the person that designed the 'shed' alarm back in 1990. i took this idea to a personal alarm manufacturer on the promise of 'here is my idea and blue print, see me right and i will let you produce it'
never saw a penny or even a call, one year later the product was being manufactured on a mass scale!.

no disrespect but, why not tell us some of your ideas?....

So you want our ideas so u can see if you can make money off it ?

almost all plumbers and gas fitters would struggel to get a product to market without any knoledge of how to do so and many good ideas just stay between two guys in a van and are never done anything about its obvious that it will make money but i have never said that i would keep it all in very very general terms the idea is the easy bit getting it made and to market is the struggle .

You said you have had ideas and i take it when you mentioned rothenberger and pts you meant you have products with them ? Tell us some of them ?

It's against site rules to advertise specific product on here but if you have oct/jan trade savers PTS brochure were on the front of that.

Pipeasaurus Rex. It's a robot/Dinosaur that installs boilers in domestic/industrial buildings.

It's against site rules to advertise specific product on here but if you have oct/jan trade savers PTS brochure were on the front of that.

So The Dragon's Den Road Show is in Town?

Makes a change from listening to old farts on the BBC valuing old tat found in someone's loft I suppose!

Would I be correct in thinking that such "blue sky thinking" provides more "windows of opportunity" for Chinese industries to "capitalise on gaps in the market place" and "extend their portfolios"?

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA quality post . if i can parafrase you question and answer it, yes some of our products are manufactured in china but try to find an industry were products arnt?? im i guy who tries to invent stuff to help day to day plumbers and gas fitters insted of us being told what tools will make life easier buy people in suites who never touch a pipe ,i thought id ask those who do ?? unfortunatly i cant be held responsule for the world economy i blame cold play for that !!

all depends on how good they are and how far down the line u are with them ?? as ideas not much as prototype more and so on

depends how good how unique and how far down the line to manufacture u are ...................... mouse flavoured cat food ?

So what about my opening pipe rack idea? I made one from 3m of soil pipe and added 3 metal hinges. Works really well, but would prefer a metal one. We'll go Halfers on the idea and profits!

So what about my opening pipe rack idea? I made one from 3m of soil pipe and added 3 metal hinges. Works really well, but would prefer a metal one. We'll go Halfers on the idea and profits!

Problem is, as soon as rhino/van vault see it, they'll whip their own version out straight away, which means to protect yourself you'll have to wait in patent limbo which could be years!

How about this hands-free blowlamp?

Hot off the press!

I'll accept 30%

Attachments

• Hands free blowtorch jpeg.jpg
    Hands free blowtorch jpeg.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 94
From what I see on our forecourt, I reckon you all need a van made by the same people that built the tardis. :)

A Kibosh type "Emergency Pipe Repair" kit you can use on pipes carrying wholesome water - as the company's own "IMPORTANT INFROMATION"[sic] list says; "Not approved for use on pipes containing wholesome water".

Every body has ideas , the difficult bit is to have the courage from design to concept and have the product on a merchants shelve , let me tell you it is not easy .I am in the process of launching a product.
No matter how good your product is , if you dont have contacts or your face does not fit , your product will just be an idea.
I give anybody credit for trying , remember effort equals results

Your not wrong and that's the point I'm trying to make I now have the contacts with large companies that were hard to get who I can take products to. So could really help Somone turn an idea into a product that's main stream

Every body has ideas , the difficult bit is to have the courage from design to concept and have the product on a merchants shelve , let me tell you it is not easy .I am in the process of launching a product.
No matter how good your product is , if you dont have contacts or your face does not fit , your product will just be an idea.
I give anybody credit for trying , remember effort equals results

I've been very impressed with what I've seen of your product. I hope it goes well for you.

A double-walled toolbox, with the space between the inner and outer walls filled with helium so it would make the box lighter. When empty, it would float up to the ceiling.

I drew out the kibsosh clamp years ago on a bit of paper....trying to explain the idea to my then girlfriend (now wife). Wish I had the courage and conviction to have taken it further. I was a bit gutted when I saw it in a trade magazine if I'm honest!!

I wish all those with the ideas and the will to get these products to market all the very best.

I drew up a design for a super slim, wall-mounted water-butt with hose attachments, overflow and water level indicator etc (different capacities too) which would free up valuable ground space and be - imo - more aesthetic than the compost-bin-looking things. Eveyone thought it was great after looking at my very detailed scale drawings but guess what? Yep, the thought of checking online to see if the idea already existed seemed to have completely passed me by during those few weeks of perfecting my amazing new innovation - it had already been patented.....just 9 months earlier. :sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing inivation and invention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock