Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing help - Novice to say the least in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mosa

Hello there i know nothing about plumbing but i have fitted a ariston 10ltr skw under bench water heater and followed the directions etc. I find though that the presure relief valve passes constantly. Any reasons why. ps i dont know the flow rate so may need a reducer valve?. Its the secont pressure valve ive fitted to the unit and both do the same. Please help

Hello Mosa,
what is the water pressure where you are?
do you need a pressure reducing valve?
what do the instructions say?

I would think (just tried to look it up) the pressure is to high on the incoming mains! What is the pressure coming in? what is the pressure reducing valve set to? if it hasn't got one need to know what the pressure is coming in then fit a PRV and set it accordingly

Depending on the incoming pressure you will need the additional kits for expansion and pressure reduction.

I'm assuming that it's an unvented under the counter heater? If so the minimum pipe run is 1.8m or it needs a expansion vessel.

i dont have a prv but thinking of buying one tomorrow. Ive no idea of flow rate at the moment> i thought if i turned the check valve closed slightly it may reduce the flow but that didnt work either.

Most water heaters I've fitted work at 3 bar max, so if it's more than this fit a PRV on the INCOMING main and adjust it accordingly.

I really think that you should have got a plumber in to do this. Are you qualified to do the electrical connections on this?

i dont have a prv but thinking of buying one tomorrow. Ive no idea of flow rate at the moment> i thought if i turned the check valve closed slightly it may reduce the flow but that didnt work either.

Get a plumber. We know what we're doing, promise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the prv is a blue cap this is 6 bar, do you have the sort of under sink heater that needs to vent out through a tap ? but think you need the fit Pressure reduceing valve on cold water main set to around 3 bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing help - Novice to say the least in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock