Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davecsc

Hi,

At Construction Skills College we offer an introduction to plumbing course that is aimed at people with little or no experience at all. We will also be offering an NVQ Diploma in 2013. Please feel free to visit our centre whilst we have a course running to talk with students or visit our website at www.tradeteacher.co.uk

We do not promise to make you a plumber in 10 days, nor will we send a course advisor to visit you to discuss the content. What we will offer you though is genuine advice and guidance on the correct course for you (we are MATRIX accredited for this), deliver an introduction to plumbing course of which the tutors are experienced tradespeople and we will give you full support after completing your course.

Our 10 day courses are an ideal first step into the industry as they teach you the practical skills (soldering, pipe bending etc) and give you a basic understanding of the theory relating to what you cover. From this you can then progress into further training or gain experience working with a plumber.

Below are recent comments that we have received relating to our courses.

Hi David , I have been working in partnership with a friend since leaving construction skills in Feb this year, he has been trading for many years but needed to have someone else to help out, we fit bathrooms and kitchens and do general property maintenance. We are very busy and have are fortunate to have plenty of work all through recommendation. I am using my plumbing skills almost everyday and cannot believe how much I learnt in such a short space of time. I completed a two week course tutored by Stephen Higgins, what a top guy he was and a fantastic tutor. I am not sure I could have learned quite so much had it not been for his teaching methods, lots of little stories and words of wisdom based on his experiences as a time spent plumber.
I researched many training facilities before choosing yours and even though it was a four hour drive and two weeks away from my wife and three children I felt construction skills college was the best one.
Thank you all very much :) Mr Harling

hi david sorry i have not replied sooner but i have been busy. I work for a company fitting disabled bath rooms for the councils. the job involves removing old bath room suites. fitting new wc, wash basin, shower units. We have to move central heating rads repipe hot and cold water supplies. fit wc in bath rooms were a bath dose not have one. The training you gave was invaluable. I was one of the oldest trainees on the course. It was a great 2 weeks i learned a lot and have put this into very good use.i still go back to my notes to check for something i am not sure of. I now earn a very good living and have job satisfaction. I would recommend your training to everyone who is willing to learn and listen. Age does not come in to it as long as you but willing to put a lot of effort in to it.thanks for the training and the opportunity to improve my life. Barry Roberts (who was 57 when he attended a course in 2011).

Hello since completing the plumbing and plastering courses I have
become self employed I currently work as a subcontractor for dudley council as a plumber and I have a lot of private jobs for my own clients too both plumbing and plastering I don't think I would of got the subcontractors work with out the certificates from these courses. Owain Cooper who retrained after leaving the forces in 2012

Thank you for enquiring as to my future, the courses I attended were of a top quality level. I have since completed various jobs for friends and family including boarding and plastering a conservatory, also a complete bathroom remodel, including plumbing and plastering. I have recently secured employment with a college as a tutor, therefore i will not be using the qualifications full time, i do however wish to continue to gain experience and complete any jobs for friends and family. Please pass my regards on to the guys, once again a top level course where you do learn a useful trade. Mr Rooke who attended a course in 2012 after leaving the armed forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock