Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers to come clean to tax amnesty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

Don't know about anyone else but the governemnt are planning to get all plumbers to come clean about any earnings that they have not declared

An amnesty has been setup if you feel you have a guilty conscience and have the chance to own up and only get a little penalty

in this climate it just feels like trying to get money anyway they can now

why are plumbers just being targeted??

Taxman offers tax amnesty to plumbers | Business | guardian.co.uk

It's already been posted up a few weeks back mate. They have done it in the past with other trades also.

It all goes through my accountant, That's what I pay him for :)

yeah i also have an accountant so i guess they are after the self assessment plumbers

My accountant told me this aswell, although I had already seen it on here. He said they did it to Doctors or dentists (I can't remember) a few years ago and made a fortune. I don't know why we are all picked on all the time. They want to check the tat men that go around collecting scrap, I bet they earn more than us and all of their money is cash.

Anyway, I'm off to move all the money from under my bed:eek:

I had a VAT penalty threatened yesterday, went registered 04/02, charged from 01/02 and gave the VAT man his share accordingly. Got a nasty letter for penalty over 3 days income! I think they're bringing in all the money they can at the mo!

yea my accountant can deal with that to,are they doing it for tax year april 2010 to april 2011 or april 2011 to 2012 ?

I've nowt to hide and kept all my paperwork.

Doesn't mean to say I won't be inspected but fingers crossed I won't be hassled. Can you claim for lost earnings if you are inspected?

cant wait to get investigated as I will be looking forward to a better rebate and me books put in better order as the tesco bags full of reciepts are looking a bit messy along with dashboard of me van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbers to come clean to tax amnesty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock