Discuss plumber skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ramya

Which skills do I need to be a plumber?

6129 is only a tech cert not a nvq you'll need to gain a 6089.
then that still limits you, their are many that have the nvq but it's the experience that you need.
you you need your water regs cert.
you'll need L regs to change any cws tanks, cylinders.
part p to work on any part of the wiring on the heating.

and that still won't give you any work. it takes yrs to built a good reputation. and one day to loose it.

all these fast track courses are a money scam you can't learn plumbing weeks it takes yrs.

so all these it bods that think you can earn 50k in a yr need to wake up their the ones putting the trade down

how do you recommend people like me of 28 thats realised at a later age than 16 ,get in to plumbing then?colleges are full dont fancy chances at an apprenticeship...to true tho well expensive for fast track i just wanna do bathrooms n cheapest i found is ÂŁ3300 just for 6022 n 6032

there may be a back door, I am working with a tiler and teaching him to do the plumbing as well and he is teaching me to do tiling, this helps me and helps him, if you can find some one thats just starting out and join up as a team this way you get more work and learn eachothers skills,

and that still won't give you any work. it takes yrs to built a good reputation. and one day to loose it.

all these fast track courses are a money scam you can't learn plumbing weeks it takes yrs.

so all these it bods that think you can earn 50k in a yr need to wake up their the ones putting the trade down

I did a fast track course after being made redundant, I agree, it does take years to be a plumber but you have to start some where! I tend to get the jobs other plumbers turn their noses up at! Not bothered about making millions but I earn a living and I enjoy it. (and I have a good reputation, I think!!)

Learn the skills you need to become a professional Plumber while studying plumbing at home.,it's convenient and accredited or just find some one that starting out and join up as a team.

hi im lucky ive got a 3 yr course at my local collage im a lgv1 / pcv driver ive took the plunge as i want to change my carrear never done plumbing before ive always wanted to do it john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumber skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Guys, Just come across this site which looks really insightful and interesting. I studied and completed my C&G level 2 in plumbing about 8...
Replies
Views
Stokesy11
S
S
Heating Apprenticeship Vacancy Vacancy Title Heating Apprenticeship Employer Name The Heating Hub, 86 King Street, Rochester ME1 1YD...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
R
Hi all, Quickie please as I am sure you've read this a few times - can't seem to find anything that fits my cir's though.. I am 32 and have been...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
M
Hi All, first post here so please be gentle :smiley2: i have been thinking for a while now about re-training,after having to turn down a plumbing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock