Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plumber Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used this? [DLMURL]http://www.easypricepro.com/docs/EPP%20PLUMBING%20FLYER.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
that plumber prices site is nuts! ÂŁ150 for the repair of a ballcock????

That's a tricky one as you don't know what, where, when etc.

Take the ballvalve, a couple were ÂŁ100 which is a little expensive but not that bad, the ÂŁ360 is very expensive but may have been part of an emergency call out on a Bank Holiday.

Just to say Bathroom and x price is nowhere near enough info, even a straight swap can be a pain if the waste doesn't line up etc. Fitting a new bathroom could include repairing holes, strengthening floorboards, tiling, disposal of old etc etc etc
Also any of the supply and fit could be various prices for the parts, you can pay ÂŁ100 to thousands for a bath alone.

It does re-inforce that you need to get good quotes before you call someone out, also to get a decent Plumber sorted out before you need them!

What would be a fair price to pay to have swapped out - a bath pop up waste (with overflow) with a bath plug and chain waste (with overflow)?

Just replacing with a Marley ÂŁ6 kit:

[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9272172&fh_view_size=6&fh_start_index=6&fh_sort_order=1&fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=Bath+Waste&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1231251310830&isSearch=true"]Marley Combined Basin Waste & Overflow KVO3XRS Stainless Steel (Dia) 32mm, KVO3XRS[/DLMURL]

Thank`s.

this is 2009 not 1980.
you won't see a descent plumbers callout under ÂŁ50 first hour maybe ÂŁ30 second hour.

you can have it for ÂŁ20 then fuel,paperwork etc on top and no guarentee.
who you trying to insult ?

who you trying to insult ?
No one.
As there coming round doing my house anyway, I wanted to know if they were ripping me off on an extra job.

Cheers.

A plumber is coming round to do a small job.
The extra job should he wish to do it when I ask him, is the bath pop up waste (with overflow).

ok with you now.
yes in that case yes he may do it for ÂŁ20-30 as he's already their

And now I know for future reference, roughly, what call out rate and additional hourly rate is as well.
Cheers.

I dont charge a call out flat ÂŁ30 per hour plus parts at 30-50% markup of what I have paid for most smaller items.

hourly costs ? van,van maintenance,van insurence,deisel,tools,advertising,public liability insurence,pension fund (you will get old)running emergency service,jobbing plumber,you may not work all the time,all this has to be included in your rate just to break even.

We do have a few companys that charge a fair bit in london though, have seen one that charges ÂŁ90 per 1/2 hour and up to ÂŁ125 per 1/2 hour out of office hours.

a lot of call out firms split what the plumber gets 60/40 there way so to earn 40 anh hour the rate has to be 100 and they expect you to get a minimum of 2 hours from any job even a fuse or they wont give you work unless they are desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock