Discuss Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Regarding the multiple insurance claims, it's been put down as only 1 claim which is the correct thing. They should never have suggested that it would be multiple claims until they had all the facts. After they reviewed the claim they have confirmed one claim.

He's been pestering for his money and has put be under a lot of pressure to settle. I called him and said you only did 4 hours. I only asked what dose he call a "days labour" he replied 8 hours. Because of the amount of pressure from him I have unfortunately paid £180. 180 isn't half 250 or 270. So I'm not sure where is 180 came from. But it's paid and I have had legal advice. The legal advice was me asking if I pay will this impact recovery of the costs to my home. Sounds bad but I really don't care about the 180. He was taking up to much of my time and worry.

Regarding regulations of how to drain down a system and capp etc. I have a series of very detailed photos and videos of the leak in progress and it clearly shows that closing of bleed valve's didn't happen. Clearly shows that the open ends weren't capped. Also shows that the filling loop wasn't correctly isolated
How dreadfull to be put under such pressure like that, I feel ashamed on behalf of our trade.
I certainly would have held out but peace of mind is paramount and as you say £180 as a kiss off to this terd of the first order will relax you... regards centralheatking

Regarding the multiple insurance claims, it's been put down as only 1 claim which is the correct thing. They should never have suggested that it would be multiple claims until they had all the facts. After they reviewed the claim they have confirmed one claim.

He's been pestering for his money and has put be under a lot of pressure to settle. I called him and said you only did 4 hours. I only asked what dose he call a "days labour" he replied 8 hours. Because of the amount of pressure from him I have unfortunately paid £180. 180 isn't half 250 or 270. So I'm not sure where is 180 came from. But it's paid and I have had legal advice. The legal advice was me asking if I pay will this impact recovery of the costs to my home. Sounds bad but I really don't care about the 180. He was taking up to much of my time and worry.

Regarding regulations of how to drain down a system and capp etc. I have a series of very detailed photos and videos of the leak in progress and it clearly shows that closing of bleed valve's didn't happen. Clearly shows that the open ends weren't capped. Also shows that the filling loop wasn't correctly isolated

Why did you pay the plumber any money? What pressure did he put on you?
He did a job for you and as a direct result of that it seems your house got flooded from open valves. I see no reason for any payment for such work to the plumber, but clearly you need compensation for all the damage.
The new filling loop work second job is different and that is fair enough for payment.
Now that you have paid some money looks like you were at least partly satisfied with the plumbers work. Were you? I would guess not.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the plumber knew it was to his advantage.
I wouldn’t take pressure from anyone

How dreadfull to be put under such pressure like that, I feel ashamed on behalf of our trade.
I certainly would have held out but peace of mind is paramount and as you say £180 as a kiss off to this terd of the first order will relax you... regards centralheatking
Honestly sounds very odd but the peace of mind I have now, from paying his bill or re agreed bill. It's one less worry. While I won't get that back. I have my claim going through, and they have confirmed they will be recovering all costs from his insurance company. But by paying him my line of communication between me and him thankfully has gone. Honestly horrible person to deal with. Extremely aggressive. Still to this day blaming the mains side filling loop valve. Had closed the system side as well, removed the filling hose and capped. Also capped open ends and closed bleed valve's.....all of this wouldn't have happened. I done a fair amount of investigation of my own into how he should of isolated the system correctly etc. I actually think I could have done a better and more professional job

Your first post asked should you pay the plumber. Advice given here was generally do not pay him.
If your story was correct, it was clear circumstances where you do not need to pay your plumber for the first job.
You employed a supposed professional but got unprofessional work - in fact incorrect and a very risky procedure done, which the plumber is fully liable.
Advice to inform plumber it was the insurances dealing with all monies was good advice

I think you’ve done the wrong thing but let’s hope everything is ok regarding the claim as he can say Everything was fine as you’ve paid the bill

I hope the best for you

Your first post asked should you pay the plumber. Advice given here was generally do not pay him.
If your story was correct, it was clear circumstances where you do not need to pay your plumber for the first job.
You employed a supposed professional but got unprofessional work - in fact incorrect and a very risky procedure done, which the plumber is fully liable.
Advice to inform plumber it was the insurances dealing with all monies was good advice
My story is 100% correct. He was messaging every other day asking for the invoice to be paid. The filling loop was not the issue at all. I paid to get him off case. I am no where near satisfied with his work or his conduct. He got aggressive on the phone. I have a 2 week old baby and frankly I have far more important things to worry about than a planet demanding money for a completely bad job. Capping end and capping the filling loop seems to be a standard procedure. He used the filling loop as an excuse to not hold him self negligible
[automerge]1579378664[/automerge]
I think you’ve done the wrong thing but let’s hope everything is ok regarding the claim as he can say Everything was fine as you’ve paid the bill

I hope the best for you
I know I've done the wrong thing completely. Regarding the claim me paying will not affect my claim or my insurance company recovering the money from insurance company
[automerge]1579379630[/automerge]
Why did you pay the plumber any money? What pressure did he put on you?
He did a job for you and as a direct result of that it seems your house got flooded from open valves. I see no reason for any payment for such work to the plumber, but clearly you need compensation for all the damage.
The new filling loop work second job is different and that is fair enough for payment.
Now that you have paid some money looks like you were at least partly satisfied with the plumbers work. Were you? I would guess not.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the plumber knew it was to his advantage.
I wouldn’t take pressure from anyone
He was messaging every other day asking for money, even though every other day I told him I will pay your invoice once my home has been put back to the condition it was on before he entered my home. May look like I'm a little bit satisfied...but I'm not at all I've got a big claim going through. The stress and the inconvenience and him messaging and calling for the money. I just paid to get rid of him. The filling loop I'm pretty sure wasn't faulty. For one he didn't close the system side valve. So how dose that make it faulty. Ok the mains side let by a little. Capp it and replace a £10 valve....no problem. He used the filling loop as an excuse for flooding my home.

Last edited:

Reply to Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock