Discuss Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes they asked for the invoice he sent over. Which I forwarded over to them. Is that the correct thing to do?

Yep

If he calls again tell him it’s in the hands of the insurance and there In contact With his

Yep

If he calls again tell him it’s in the hands of the insurance and there In contact With his
Thank you, I feel like a little grass. But as a business owner (him) he can't behave in this manner. You cant flood someone's house and cause leaks....then ask for payment as if all is fine. I can't believe the front he has. I'd be so embarrassed if I did this. Especially only being established on companies house for 3 months.

Well he is maintaining it was not his fault, so of course he would be expecting payment for all his good works. However you hold him responsible for flooding the house which, it is reasonable , not to pay for such a poor service. There in lies the dispute. The only issue i can see is if your insurance company decide not to pursue his insurance company for the loss, however you can still deal with this outside of the insurance process. Do not pay, is my advice, its not a good sign

Thank you, I feel like a little grass. But as a business owner (him) he can't behave in this manner. You cant flood someone's house and cause leaks....then ask for payment as if all is fine. I can't believe the front he has. I'd be so embarrassed if I did this. Especially only being established on companies house for 3 months.
Ok Reading1986 now is the time to sit back ...you have done all that is required..things are in hand with experts..leave them to it. As above my wife is a barrister of many years experience you must now leave it ...you have been wronged but never let it take over..she knows these things. chking

Ok Reading1986 now is the time to sit back ...you have done all that is required..things are in hand with experts..leave them to it. As above my wife is a barrister of many years experience you must now leave it ...you have been wronged but never let it take over..she knows these things. chking
So I'm insurance company called him and all is currently going through. I do believe my insurance company will try to recover the costs once the insurance claim has gone through. He messaged me today to ask for payment again. He told me that my insurance company told me to pay him. Called the insurance company to check this out it's completely untrue. All they was to ascertain whether is was the person that worked on the system that shortly then leaked. So I called the plumber and said very politely that this is untrue and the lose adjuster was simply gathering information regarding the claim. He then said when are you paying me. I said at the moment until the claim is fully resolved and I have got my £380 back. Then I will pay your invoice in full. I also ask if this invoice was for one days labour which I said it was. Then I politely said but you only did 4 hours. He then said ok give me £180 cash today. This guy is literally unbelievable. So by the fact he went out from £270 to £180 he knows he's done wrong and accepted that he only did 4 hours. All I did was mentioned is real working time on my house and he dropped it straight away. He then said can I have the £180 today I said once the insurance has fully paid and I have recovered by loses i.e excess. Really don't no what do here. Do I inform my insurance company about him directly as up to now only the lose adjuster who is a separate company is aware of who he and his company are?

yes tell your insurance company directly, tell them he is putting you under undue pressure. A call to trading standards would no go amiss on identical lines. He comes over as a chancer with no feeling of guilt. Do not pay him tell him not to contact you again. If he persists bullying you have a word with your local police. Centralheatking

Only contact the plumber in written form where possible and take care in what you write. Basically you want the plumber to state all the bull and show his hand.
Emails and even text messages are also verification of communications (if they get responses), so do keep them.
Pay the plumber nothing and say in any correspondence to him that your insurance has advised you they are dealing with the plumber together hopefully with his insurance about your claim for damages to your property.

I get the feeling you are being 'ridden' by the insurance company - 5 claims and 5 excesses - on 1 property and one heating system.
No Judge would accept that in Court - You would need an individual insurance policy on every room of your house for that to take effect.

The Plumber: - all correspondence to be via email from now on.
Get him to email you a detailed 'scope of works' on the invoice.

If it is a Regulation that the filling loop is to be disconnected from the heating system then question him after the detailed invoice has been sent through.

If the detailed invoice doesn't satisfy you, keep questioning him until there is something that he admits to that doesn't comply with the Regulations and you will have him.
Try to get him to accept you original offer of 50% and put it against the Insurance Claim - due to being under duress.

I get the feeling you are being 'ridden' by the insurance company - 5 claims and 5 excesses - on 1 property and one heating system.
No Judge would accept that in Court - You would need an individual insurance policy on every room of your house for that to take effect.

The Plumber: - all correspondence to be via email from now on.
Get him to email you a detailed 'scope of works' on the invoice.

If it is a Regulation that the filling loop is to be disconnected from the heating system then question him after the detailed invoice has been sent through.

If the detailed invoice doesn't satisfy you, keep questioning him until there is something that he admits to that doesn't comply with the Regulations and you will have him.
Try to get him to accept you original offer of 50% and put it against the Insurance Claim - due to being under duress.
Regarding the multiple insurance claims, it's been put down as only 1 claim which is the correct thing. They should never have suggested that it would be multiple claims until they had all the facts. After they reviewed the claim they have confirmed one claim.

He's been pestering for his money and has put be under a lot of pressure to settle. I called him and said you only did 4 hours. I only asked what dose he call a "days labour" he replied 8 hours. Because of the amount of pressure from him I have unfortunately paid £180. 180 isn't half 250 or 270. So I'm not sure where is 180 came from. But it's paid and I have had legal advice. The legal advice was me asking if I pay will this impact recovery of the costs to my home. Sounds bad but I really don't care about the 180. He was taking up to much of my time and worry.

Regarding regulations of how to drain down a system and capp etc. I have a series of very detailed photos and videos of the leak in progress and it clearly shows that closing of bleed valve's didn't happen. Clearly shows that the open ends weren't capped. Also shows that the filling loop wasn't correctly isolated

Reply to Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back