Discuss Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

no sorry I mean it was his responsibility to make safe eg cap any open end just in case anything happens (most often people remove rads to decorate and forget about capping then they wake up in the morning and find the trv has opened on frost and waters everywhere etc)

They don’t just fail like that, could understand if the filling loop was dripping but doesn’t open by its self

as it's drained down and things are open personal security just in case anyone accidentally opens the valves or they get nocked by sparkies wiring stuff etc
The system won’t fill without the flexi cap both valve ends where the flexi goes and your safe
Ah now I understand, belt and braces by removing the Flexi pipe and caping the rads off. Just seems that he didn't or not probably close the system off. Also he should have definitely capped off the rad valves just in case. But that wouldn't have helped the ensuite as water came out of the bleed valve. Water all over the ensuite floor, then poured into the main bed floor by 2 foot. New skirting and architrave ruined

Ah now I understand, belt and braces by removing the Flexi pipe and caping the rads off. Just seems that he didn't or not probably close the system off. Also he should have definitely capped off the rad valves just in case. But that wouldn't have helped the ensuite as water came out of the bleed valve. Water all over the ensuite floor, then poured into the main bed floor by 2 foot. New skirting and architrave ruined

no but force of habit you always go back round when drained to close them as you can guarantee when you fill back up you won’t remember you’ve left them open

no but force of habit you always go back round when drained to close them as you can guarantee when you fill back up you won’t remember you’ve left them open
I definitely think this could have been avoided. Now let's say both my filling loop valves were at fault. Do you think he should of noticed this. Ie he's draining while the system is filling. He feels he hasn't done any wrong. But in fact he sounds like hes done me a favour (the way he's talking on the phone) and replaced both "faulty valves" wants £250 from pretty much half a day and he'll let slide the 2 replacement valves

Yes he should of noticed this / checked the filling loop / removed the flexi

In my opinion he’s at fault

Yes he should of noticed this / checked the filling loop / removed the flexi

In my opinion he’s at fault
Thank you, just a shame. Paid £380 insurance excess today. On the phone he said he wants his £250 and that the issues now in my house aren't his problem. How people sleep at night. I even said lets meet in the middle at £125, that's be being extremely generous in eyes considering the situation. The £125 is for the "faulty" filling loop valves. Which I believe he is just saying they are at fault to divert the blame. £125 for 2 £15 valves at most and fitting and leaving a customer with water damage over to floors is a win win for him I feel. I don't want to pay at all. But I don't want to take food off his table. Almost feel obliged to pay him something. But he won't accept the fault lies with him so therefore wants his £250 in full

Wouldn’t pay anything or go through his insurance and pay him his dues eg 250 that he’s asked

Reply to Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock