Search the forum,

Discuss plug superser into gas socket? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GarethMcGrillen

me and my friend have just moved into a new flat. it's august now so its quite warm, but we're concerned about the winter. we've just bought a superser on ebay, but we aren't allowed to bring LPG into the flat. On the other side of the wall that we want to put the superser, there is a disused bayonet connector. I was going to use a cooker gas hose i had kicking about and feed it through the wall. i've got a decent hammer action drill so making the hole is no problem. the superser just has jubilee clips attaching the orange hose to the inside of the unit, so i would just take the end of the new hose and attach it to the superser.

this is the cooker hose
gas hose.jpg

this is my superser

supers3er.jpg

No no no no no no do not it is not designed to run and you shouldn't be doing anything with gas unless your gas safe

Really? where i'm from in australia we have gas sockets in every room and just wheel the heater about and plug your heater in.

Really? where i'm from in australia we have gas sockets in every room and just wheel the heater about and plug your heater in.

Fair enough but as you have said the unit is designed to be run on lpg not natural gas (different pressures and mixes)

And you will have trouble jointing as it will be small bore Pipework, even if your regs allow you to do diy gas work

i'm in the UK now. i'll call superser tomorrow to see if the do an NG conversion kit and a longer hose so we can wheel it around the flat. do you have any contact details for superser? i can't find any record of them.

i'm in the UK now. i'll call superser tomorrow to see if the do an NG conversion kit and a longer hose so we can wheel it around the flat. do you have any contact details for superser? i can't find any record of them.

Tbh they might not want to talk to you / supply parts as your not gas safe registered etc and no I don't sorry

Really hope this is a wind up. But on the off chance that you're actually being serious please get advice from a local gas safe registered engineer. We won't offer DIY gas advice on this forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plug superser into gas socket? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock