Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic Feed From Loft for Water Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheRealRobG

Even though there's a good 3m drop from the coffin tank in the loft above the bathroom, the flow to the new shower I've installed (rated min. 0.2bar) is rather poor.

I was thinking if installing a shower pump to boost the feed, but have been told that I'll need to run a new dedicated feed down from the water tank. The physical route it would need to take is rather tortuous, and it would be almost impossible to route copper for various reasons (mainly access to get in long lengths of rigid pipe.

Would 22mm plastic water pipe be a good substitute in this situation?

Can insulation be fed along the outside of the pipe without having full physical access (e.g. along a run which runs at a 45 degree angle between the gap between the roof tiles and the loft converted room below)?

Many thanks.

the pressure straight down 3m of pipe is about 0.3bar, but as you say the route is bad this is where your problem lies, the horizontal pipework and bends are negating the flow, although you say it is 3m where are you measuring from, pressure is measured from the water level in the tank to the shower head, but remember the level in the tank might drop a bit when you run the shower (if it doesnt refill as quickly as it empties) to be sure you have enough head of pressure you should measure from the outlet at the bottom of the tank to the shower head as that will be the lowest pressure you can get, also remember we mix up pressure and flow, you are probably complaining about the flow of water rather than the pressure, flow is determined by pipe size, bends used, route etc, you also mention you have been advised to run a seperate shower supply and if you should upgrade to 22mm, so i take it you have more than 1 appliance fed from a 15mm pipe, if so you are on to a hiding without a major repipe. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic Feed From Loft for Water Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock