Search the forum,

Discuss Plaster board fixings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used those ones I use these mainly image.jpg

Mega heavy ones, get out the multimaster cut out the plasterboard and fit a batton to the wall out flush with the wall.
Yes a lot more work, but on the big ones its the only way imo

Aye, they're crap, came straight back out the hole, plus when they fail you have a 20mm hole

That's that sorted then cheers

Drilling a 20mm hole in plasterboard like that creates a lot of dust, for material that now cannot thrown in with other waste, seems it has to be disposed of separately, in 20 years time will all that dust breathed in be the new asbestos?

Last edited:
I use the rawl ones ( toggles) as u can get cheaper ones that aren't so good quality . But like previously said it's best to get a good gun to use with them ....
Putting wood in is the best idea if you won't see down behind the radiator at the previously cut walls.

I always use these. If several are used in each bracket they will hold quite a large radiator.

Fischer HM-S Metal Cavity Fixing 5 x 52mm - Toolstation

I prefer those & use them for medium weight items - like ordinary radiators, or electric showers, but nothing too heavy. I call them by the name " brolly anchors" because they expand out behind the plasterboard like a frame of an umberella.
What I like about them is they don't need a massive hole & they stay in the plasterboard when you ever remove the bolt.

Last edited:
I prefer those & use them for medium weight items - like ordinary radiators, or electric showers, but nothing too heavy. I call them by the name " brolly anchors" because they expand out behind the plasterboard like a frame of an umberella.
What I like about them is they don't need a massive hole & they stay in the plasterboard when you ever remove the bolt.

I've always known them as Brolley anchors as well. And that is what I use if I can't get a bit of timber behind.

Otherwise I cut a square out and slot as big bit of ply up behind as possible to spread the weight out over a larger surface area then put the plasterboard back in and a bit of decorators caulk in it and they never knew it was there. I've never had a radiator come off the wall once I've done that and it was in HA properties where the kids were hanging off them.

Anyone tried these??

http://youtu.be/PgrX236-4UY

My mate was raving about them but I just can't see how they're so good

I tried some once, really did not like them!! Big hole in the wall, fiddily, overly expensive & in my experience its cheaper & quicker to use a Fischer type umbrella fixing with the hand tool! These are rock solid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plaster board fixings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked the following: 240v at supply connections All internal push on connections are correctly fitted to the PCB board The transformer is giving the correct...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock