Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Personal co alarm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know a few have seen and asked about mine but just seen this in the new screfix book
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/arctic-p...onoxide-alarm-powered-by-li-ion-battery/38834
Not bad price to save your life

Very tempted after the hassle I had today getting the CO down on an LPG conversion.

Not exactly a lot of money. Not something I have ever considered before, but would be worth having.

Think mine was £140 ish 5 year battety so breaking it down 2.30 ish a month 30p a day roughly but at 50 quid it's a no brainer to me

bod i am in the process of buying a kane one about £100 but the above is a very good deal

Just got a Crowcon clip + CO alarm from e-blag. £34 inc. delivery. 2 year life so 17 squid a year is a small price to pay for safety.

It's already proved it's worth. Went to a BF gas fire not lighting. Took the injector out from below and cleaned it. Re assembled and lit the fire, a minute later the alarm went off. Whoever last took the glass off the fire only hand tightened the fixings. I always check round the seals with my analyser anyway but it surprised me how quickly it reacted.

It starts at 30ppm? Jesus better stay clear or bio fuel burner when it's starting up.

at last a sensible price for something that folks may consider having, the over £100 ones are outside what most will consider spending imho.

i wonder how many gas engineers have died in the last twenty years for not having a personnel co alarm?

I've always thought my analyser would be enough until I was trying to set up the bog awful Worseter on LPG the other week when it was going off the scale in the flue. Boiler was going to lock out after a couple of minutes initially but once it stayed alight the CO was still pretty high and to set it up I'm hovering around it with an allen key and the analyser in the flue sampling point. Being on my own there as well meant if anything happened I could easily have been brown bread.

At the end of the day for £34 why not have it?

I've always thought my analyser would be enough until I was trying to set up the bog awful Worseter on LPG the other week when it was going off the scale in the flue. Boiler was going to lock out after a couple of minutes initially but once it stayed alight the CO was still pretty high and to set it up I'm hovering around it with an allen key and the analyser in the flue sampling point. Being on my own there as well meant if anything happened I could easily have been brown bread.

At the end of the day for £34 why not have it?

Mike, I have mentioned this before, but if you are going to do life threatening things, will you please pay your s0dding account before you risk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Personal co alarm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock