Search the forum,

Discuss Pellet Fired C/Heating systems General Warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

I think this should remain here rather than posted in the solar etc section.

As usual CHK was in a boardroom today. As I side issue it has emerged that
there is not at present any standard for pellets. Already users are being targeted
to purchase low calorific value pellets that will severly compromise the units performance
and a whole host of other issues to do with poor combustion.

centralheatking :hand:

Reinforces an argument I was having today.

Not only does the quality vary affecting the cv but with the lower end there are more volatiles in the pellets which aren't burned off as easily due to the combustion temperatures being lower and causing gumming up of the combustion surfaces.

So what are HETAS doing about this ?

CHKing
Reinforces an argument I was having today.

Not only does the quality vary affecting the cv but with the lower end there are more volatiles in the pellets which aren't burned off as easily due to the combustion temperatures being lower and causing gumming up of the combustion surfaces.

I am waiting for the government to wack a tax on them just like they do with petrol, diesel and kero, just needs a few more users :)

HETAS are a very responsible and active regulating organisation..... Just like gas safe

Gas Safe are just a gas fitting police force to make sure all are fit to fit
I have found HETAS are still a bit like Corgi used to be in its early days
educational, inclusive and informative CHK

Actually, there is!

ENplus

Most reputable boiler manufacturers will state that the quality of the pellet used should meet this standard.

Gas Safe are just a gas fitting police force to make sure all are fit to fit
I have found HETAS are still a bit like Corgi used to be in its early days
educational, inclusive and informative CHK

Gas safe are about as much use as our real police force, call for a pizza and 999 pizza comes first, they are good at taking your money every few
years that all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pellet Fired C/Heating systems General Warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock