Discuss pay on self employed to not!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzgell

hey lads looking a bit of advice on money.lol.i am a plumber in northern ireland and am working for a company but am self employed(think its called CIS or somethin like that!)i am getting approx 370 home and 450 before tax. i am looking to go back on the cards(sick and holiday pay etc)and have been told that my money will drop till 320. my question is what is equal to the 370?! is it 330 as knew it would drop but was kinda hoping for 350ish as knew 370 wasnt great for self employed. from what see most of post are from england but hopefully someone can help me. thanks

right 450 gross shld leave approx 360 after tax and u then pay ur own n insurance
but on the cards they say you will end up with 320 so gross will be approx 25 percent stoppages because they pay ur tax and nat insurance so that figure is fairly close

I thought the rates in ireland were better than that!

depends southern ireland people are geting 200 a day approx but in the north in depends good wage on cards is bout 400ish home but not many want pay that.lol average would say bout 350 and that would would be mainly bigger firms

320 isnt that bad when you take into consideration you also get holiday, sick pay, Bank Holdiays paid for!

Look at it like this;

Self employed taking home 370 per week or 19240 per annum then less say 8 bank holidays, 20 days un-paid leave, and 2 days sick, that would leave you with only 17020 or 327 per week thats assuming you are always required to work!

Employed taking home 320 per week or 16640 per year which includes 20 days holiday 8 bank holidays and say 2 days sick!

So really your only loosing out on 7 per week, and yes okay self employed has its 'ahem' tax benefits. But with that comes the balls ache and the worry if work drys up.

For the sake of 7 per week i would go employed and make up my wage with a bit of evening and weekend work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pay on self employed to not!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock